Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: OK...I enrolled the free class and so far love it

Blog Entries

OK...I enrolled the free class and so far love it

I kept hearing folks here talking about the free quilting class on craftsy so I figured why not...I will at least look at it...so glad I did...so far I love it! Very easy and quick so far. I did two blocks this evening after work.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-18-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: PM to member

Blog Entries
    Using all scraps for my blocks. I had a bag ready to go to my friends house. I dug in there and found a few 1 1/2 inch strips. For the backing of my block...you need a 12 inch block to slice and dice...I used a pair of one of my 100 percent cotton pants that did not fit me and for my other block I had some scrap Muslim that was in my bag of scraps that I was going to get rid of. Yah...two me..this was two free blocks. I did learn some great tips and...the blocks look so had to make, but they were very simple. Slice and dice blocks.

I sign up for that class, but havent had time to do it look great though, will have to catch up.
    Deb T

Blog Entries
    I had not heard of this, so Googled to check it out. For anyone interested in the free class, here is a link to it:
    http://www.craftsy.com/class/The-Cra...f-the-Month/50

Blog Entries
    I've got the 2 blocks for Jan. done and really wish there were more than 2 for each month. I know I could make more than on each and may do that yet. Looking forward to next ones. glenda

Blog Entries
    I joined a while ago and finally made my blocks yesterday. Can't believe how fast and easy they are! Since they are "modern" looking blocks to me I am using orange and teal with a floral fabric to pull the colors from. Can't find my squaring up ruler so they are still a bit wonky. Isn't it amazing that you don't know you have misplaced something until you go to use it and can't find it!?
    Cherylsea

Blog Entries
    I signed up for the free classes. Just finished watching the first video. How fun and enjoyable. I am looking forward to making the first block. Thank you for sharing this information.
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Crafty is a great site. The classes that cost a fee are worth it too. One workshop at my guild is usually over $40 plus buy a book or kit.
    Got fabric?

I liked the free class also, haven't had time to make the blocks but look pretty easy.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Blog Entries
    I signed up too!!
    Completed the first block and hope to have the second one done this weekend! Love the presentation, easy to understand.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

Thanks for the link! Didn't realize this was here. I have a lot of scraps, seems a good way to start using some of them.

Blog Entries
    Is anyone else having problems getting the video to play? I signed up for the free class, can get the course menu, can select introduction. When I click on the big arrow it goes to a bare-bones type screen and does nothing. I don't get a "loading" message or anything.

I have my 2 blocks finished but haven't taken photos yet.

Smile Craftsy BOM 2012

I also signed up and completed Block 1 & 2...I was surprised that all the months are listed with the method used on the blocks.. February is half square triangles... Using same background fabric and scraps for the focus fabrics looking forward to photos postings

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the link. I sent it on to my beginner friend. I think the January lesson was presented in a no - pressure way and the blocks are fun and easy to do. She gives enough instruction to make the quilt accurately and she is a pleasant presenter. It is a nice introduction.

I am enrolled and made my two blocks. I didn't square them up yet as I'm just waiting until I get them all done. I'm using navy blue, white solids, and blue and white floral print. I might throw in some red. I like the 2 blocks a month method. I have a feeling there is a method to their madness and the blocks will get more difficult each month. It will be fun to see pictures of finished product.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for this link. I just signed up and watched the video. Amazing!

Blog Entries
    I squared up my first block a bit wonky, but I like it. Will do the second one this weekend and post a pic. Maybe we need to start a "group" for this project, where we can post pics and share info. what do y'all think?
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the link as I just signed up

I absolutely LOVE Craftsy. One of the best online class schools, for sure. I just got an e-mail from them with a new class that's coming up - don't remember the exact title but it's about quilting large quilts on a domestic machine. I'll be signing up for that one! (Waiting for a sale price, though...)

I just signed up for this class. I have not started yet but can't wait to do first block.

I also joined this class and finished the 2 blocks. I did have trouble with the second one, not because of the instructions, but just me . I had a macular hole surgery and it left my eye sight just a bit off. But if anyone has time, it's a fun class, and I also learned something new.

Blog Entries
    I signed up for the class!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
    I absolutely LOVE Craftsy. One of the best online class schools, for sure. I just got an e-mail from them with a new class that's coming up - don't remember the exact title but it's about quilting large quilts on a domestic machine. I'll be signing up for that one! (Waiting for a sale price, though...)

I was interested in this class. Didn't know the classes went on sale. Do they just do that periodically? Guess I should keep checking! Or google it. I had seen mentioned a couple of times that for larger quilts (like a king) - an option is to cut the batting in thirds so that you don't have so much bulk to manipulate while quilting the center. I have an almost king size quilt ready for me to quilt, so am very interested in this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
    I also signed up and completed Block 1 & 2...I was surprised that all the months are listed with the method used on the blocks.. February is half square triangles... Using same background fabric and scraps for the focus fabrics looking forward to photos postings

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Love your blocks!!!
    Sadiemae

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast