Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Results 51 to 66 of 66

Thread: OK - I've been quilting for 4 years and I find out about this NOW???!!!!

  1. #51
    Izy
    Izy is offline
    Super Member Izy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Halifax, W. Yorks, U.K.
    Posts
    5,996
    Elle I watched Eleanor Burns I think, showing how to do this sooo easily. She used a flannel sheet up on the wall stuck the backing fabric to that, making sure it was perfectly flat and straight, sprayed it, then just lay her batting on smoothing it out from the centre, then sprayed it, and smoothed on the top, all done in less than 5 minutes no kidding, was sooooo easy, I have been looking for those plastic tablecloths with the fluffy backing, but not managed to fine any yet, this will be so much better than rolling around on the floor lol!!

  2. #52
    Super Member Debra Mc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    3,050
    This stuff is great for small projects but you still have to use safety pins when you are doing a queen or larger. I have had really good luck with the spray. It lets you smooth out backing, batting and top real well. Just use good ventilation or you'll get a headache. :thumbup: 8)

  3. #53
    live2teach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Good Ole' West Virginia
    Posts
    1,639
    I have never tried the spray, either. But congrats to you for finding an easier, more convenient way. Maybe, that will help make things go faster so you can get to that next project quicker. :)

  4. #54
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Elle I watched Eleanor Burns I think, showing how to do this sooo easily. She used a flannel sheet up on the wall stuck the backing fabric to that, making sure it was perfectly flat and straight, sprayed it, then just lay her batting on smoothing it out from the centre, then sprayed it, and smoothed on the top, all done in less than 5 minutes no kidding, was sooooo easy, I have been looking for those plastic tablecloths with the fluffy backing, but not managed to fine any yet, this will be so much better than rolling around on the floor lol!!
    Izy, Think I have seen them in the local Barrato shop, if I see one shall I get it for you.
    Izy, where do you get this dang spray. Do you know wher in Spain because I can´t find it. Desperado.....

    Elle

  5. #55
    MelissaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    304
    I'm sold ladies! I will never pin again. Now I just have to find the stuff!

  6. #56
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by mamatobugboo
    Quote Originally Posted by nellie
    they made it even easyer they have batting that if you steam iron the batting to the front and your backing like a sandwich it also sticks to your fabrics,instead of pinning or spraying
    nellie, can you forward some more information on that? I feel like a dunce on google just now, could get the search phrase right and pulled up nothing! :oops:
    Hi there Mamatobugboo, Found it for you Here is the link. Apparently they are selling on line in Joanne´s and they will send to Spain, Cost wise its $29.99 for a Queen size. Called Mountain Mist Fusible. they have it in Cotton and Polyester.
    Here is the link

    http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...uestid=1979419

    Google Mountain Mist Fusible Batting and you will get loads of sites.

    Elle

  7. #57
    Izy
    Izy is offline
    Super Member Izy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Halifax, W. Yorks, U.K.
    Posts
    5,996
    Elle...maybe if we ask at the shop in Torre she might have more luck ordering it from somewhere in Europe.....did you know Rachel has found another shop in Malaga that has a few patchwork fabrics?? She is talking of going tomorrow, not sure if I can make it, but might be worth emailing her and asking her to see if this shop can supply it too!!

  8. #58
    Super Member Barb M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mission, BC
    Posts
    2,143
    hmmm, i always safety pin my quilts, and that works really well for me, but it is very back-breaking doing this. I don't think i would want to use a spray baste myself, not comfortable of the idea of the chemicals and fumes, over-spray, mess, etc...i do like Izy'a idea of using a micro gun, i might try that someday, but yeah, basting isn't fun lol, especially in a small space :)

  9. #59
    mamatobugboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Quote Originally Posted by mamatobugboo
    Quote Originally Posted by nellie
    they made it even easyer they have batting that if you steam iron the batting to the front and your backing like a sandwich it also sticks to your fabrics,instead of pinning or spraying
    nellie, can you forward some more information on that? I feel like a dunce on google just now, could get the search phrase right and pulled up nothing! :oops:
    Hi there Mamatobugboo, Found it for you Here is the link. Apparently they are selling on line in Joanne´s and they will send to Spain, Cost wise its $29.99 for a Queen size. Called Mountain Mist Fusible. they have it in Cotton and Polyester.
    Here is the link

    http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...uestid=1979419

    Google Mountain Mist Fusible Batting and you will get loads of sites.

    Elle
    thanks Elle!! I'll look it up!

  10. #60
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Elle...maybe if we ask at the shop in Torre she might have more luck ordering it from somewhere in Europe.....did you know Rachel has found another shop in Malaga that has a few patchwork fabrics?? She is talking of going tomorrow, not sure if I can make it, but might be worth emailing her and asking her to see if this shop can supply it too!!
    Thanks Izy. Will do

    Elle

  11. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    36
    I have used spray for several yrs now even on king size with no problems I like the sulluvans the best

  12. #62
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    s.cal
    Posts
    2,071
    Blog Entries
    1
    elle did you find it ,tell them where ever you buy it that you want a batting called moutain mist ,or if they carry a batting that has fuse in it ,most shops carry it. i wish you lived closer to us in states,but i know spain is also very beauitful ,a place my husband and i would love to visit some day god willing ,let me know if you need any more information ok nellie :D :D

  13. #63
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by nellie
    elle did you find it ,tell them where ever you buy it that you want a batting called moutain mist ,or if they carry a batting that has fuse in it ,most shops carry it. i wish you lived closer to us in states,but i know spain is also very beauitful ,a place my husband and i would love to visit some day god willing ,let me know if you need any more information ok nellie :D :D
    Yes Nellie, I found it, called Mountain Mist Fusible. I posted above for someone else so they could buy it too. I wish I lived closer too, but I love my adopted Country. Funnily enough they probably sell in it Spain but it very often works out cheaper for me to buy from America including the postage, now that is hard to believe, but certain things are very expensive here. Fabric is 14€ per metre and because of the rate of exchange it works better for me from America. I am also going to look on Ebay for it and see what comes up.

    Elle

  14. #64
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    About the Spray. So far I have emmailed two companies. One in France and the other in America but not had a reply, that was two days ago. there is still time so will let you know.

  15. #65
    Super Member bebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    3,066
    Here is that spray some of you were talking about

    http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?prod_id=2357

  16. #66
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Hi I checked out that site you kindly gave, yet another that will not send internationally.

    I e-mailed 2 companies who make this product 1 in France and another in America on 14 August. to date I have no reply.

    So now I am going to aim for the Mountain Mist Batting which seems to be the best bet for me.

    Thanks to everyone who tried to help me get hold of this spray.

    Elle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.