Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Old Country Store

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs. fitz
    It's a pleasure to shop there -- excellent selection and quality, good prices, always a mini quit show on the second floor -- but I've never ordered online. I'd say go for it.
    Gosh, I'm beginning to think I need to plan a trip to PA. in the near future. It sounds like the quilt store made in heaven!

8-)

I love the Deja Vu also and hear it cally my bame. And I just vowed not to order any more fabric for awhile. Well, I never defined awhile so I think it's time to buy more fabric!

Blog Entries
    I love The Old Country Store! I go there a couple of times a year. Their prices are great and so is the help. Upstairs is the People's Place Museum. It's very small, but if you're in the store, you just have to take a few minutes to go upstairs and see what's on display.

Across the street is the Kitchen Kettle Village with all kinds of little shops. There's the one that makes kettle corn, one that has Vera Bradley bags, one with Amish/Mennonite gifts, the Tee (shirt) Parlor, a fudge shop, a small cafeteria, a store that has Jim Shore stuff in it and of course the Kitchen Store where you can sample all kinds of jams and jellies and even watch them be made right in front of your eyes. There are more stores also. Kling House is a restaurant that has great breakfast and lunch (reservations recommended).

I've always been pleased with everything I've ever gotten at The Old Country store. I especially love their fat quarter packs - they have a huge variety. Their regular prices are the same as sale prices here, so I always come home from there with a smile on my face! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    I love The Old Country Store! I go there a couple of times a year. Their prices are great and so is the help. Upstairs is the People's Place Museum. It's very small, but if you're in the store, you just have to take a few minutes to go upstairs and see what's on display.

Across the street is the Kitchen Kettle Village with all kinds of little shops. There's the one that makes kettle corn, one that has Vera Bradley bags, one with Amish/Mennonite gifts, the Tee (shirt) Parlor, a fudge shop, a small cafeteria, a store that has Jim Shore stuff in it and of course the Kitchen Store where you can sample all kinds of jams and jellies and even watch them be made right in front of your eyes. There are more stores also. Kling House is a restaurant that has great breakfast and lunch (reservations recommended).

I've always been pleased with everything I've ever gotten at The Old Country store. I especially love their fat quarter packs - they have a huge variety. Their regular prices are the same as sale prices here, so I always come home from there with a smile on my face! :lol:
    And about a block away is Zook's. Always has different fabrics from the Old Country Store, but a HUGE selection and great prices!

I just ordered some fabric from them. They were great. The fabric is beautiful. Hope if you order from them you have the same experiance I have had with them.

Wow, those are some gorgeous fabrics! Thanks for the link.

I have brought several times from The Old Country Store great prices and wonderful people. Was just at Zook's the past 2 Saturdays, did not get enough of one fabric the first Saturday and had family from Arizona here this past weekend and Lancaster is always a trip with people from out of town. Zooks was one of our stops.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, and God bless.

Hi Bev,

I live in Western Australia, and buy from Old Country Store all the time!! They are the friendliest people, the fabrics are top quality, and everything arrives beautifully cut and packaged - not a wrinkle in sight!

Just fabulous - I'd recommend to anyone. I just hope that one day I might visit the USA, and if that ever happens, I will definitely put this store on my list of "must see"'s.

Quote Originally Posted by pam1966
    I've only ordered online from them once and was very happy with my purchase!
    Same here but more than once. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bev
    Has anyone ever used the Old Country Store fabrics, or dealt with them? I just started getting their newsletter and oh my gosh they have some gorgeous stuff! Their prices are a bit better than most of the other sites too. I was just drooling over the Benartex "Dejavu" line. It's unusual and, to me, gorgeous. I'm gonna have to start saving my pennies to order something from them.
    Here's the link if you'd like to take a look.
    http://www.theoldcountrystore.com/fabrics/
    If you've already ordered from them, please let us know how it was. 8-)
    Thank you for sharing this...I just joined their mailing list. Lovely fabrics!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3