Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: O'M'Gosh, got the new Hancocks of Paducah....

Blog Entries
    with very cool batiks in the front of the catalog. Oh, the Gelato! And the Tonga Creamsicle! And the Blooming Garden Roll Up! And the Spring Garden Roll Up! and...and....and... And Hey remember Frugal Fabrics asked us about the Tonga Batik Island Punch Eyelash? I thought it looked like pineapple chunks (don't like pineapple) but it sure looks cool along with the Tonga Lollipop line. I am really in trouble now!!!! Just spent a bunch of money on tree trimming and a new fence.

So very glad I don't get that catalog !! I have enough trouble with the Keepsake Quilting one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltpd
    So very glad I don't get that catalog !! I have enough trouble with the Keepsake Quilting one.
    You know, it just occurred to me that I haven't gotten a KQ catalog lately. Guess I will have to buy something so I will get it again. :roll: :lol:

Hey - thanks for the reminder. I picked up a Summer 2011 catalog when I was in Hancocks and havent' opened it yet :)

Sound pretty!!!!!!1

Blog Entries
    You mean the "wish book", I wish I had this or better yet, "I wish I had the money to buy all this!"

I sit at night and thumb through it like a kid in a candy store.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gal288
    You mean the "wish book", I wish I had this or better yet, "I wish I had the money to buy all this!"

I just got mine yesterday, too, and do the same thing!

I got mine, too and I have looked it over several times. The whole world stops when that catalog comes!

I received both the Keepsake Quilting and the Hancocks of Paducah catalogs in the past two days. They are both bookmarked like crazy, even tho I don't have the money to buy anything right now! It is nice to dream, though.

I looked through mine last night and drooled over the batiks.

Already got several corners folded over on mine! They HAVE to have the greatest selection of batiks in the world!

Blog Entries
    Hopefully mine will be coming soon. I love it. I have ordered from there and was very pleased with what I got.

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    with very cool batiks in the front of the catalog. Oh, the Gelato! And the Tonga Creamsicle! And the Blooming Garden Roll Up! And the Spring Garden Roll Up! and...and....and... And Hey remember Frugal Fabrics asked us about the Tonga Batik Island Punch Eyelash? I thought it looked like pineapple chunks (don't like pineapple) but it sure looks cool along with the Tonga Lollipop line. I am really in trouble now!!!! Just spent a bunch of money on tree trimming and a new fence.
    Could you tell me the volume number of the catalogue, please? Is it the Summer issue? I ordered a catalogue in March and then ordered again in April. I haven't received either one yet. I had the same problem last year - I don't think they like sending the catalogue to Canada. However, they have no problem sending the fabric I buy from them!

Blog Entries
    Well, I guess what people have been posting is true. Fabric was much higher in Paducah this year. Even the fabric at Hancock's in the wareroom was a dollar more this year and less to choose from. I didn't buy a single piece in the back. The fabric in the main store was ten and eleven dollars. May have had some for nine.

Fat quarters at the vendors were higher than usual.

Fabric was just higher everywhere. The ladies from out of the country were not complaining. It was fabric heaven for them. Fabric is so high in the countries overseas. Plus their money goes further here. We met some of them at our hotel.

Please pray for the people in Paducah. The water is getting higher and they are having some flooding in some areas. Looks like the convention center may take on some water, even with the work that they did last year to keep this from happening. No one knew that it would get so high. The water is getting high on the flood walls. I hope and pray that the walls and gates will hold.

Oh man I am in trouble!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
    Could you tell me the volume number of the catalogue, please? Is it the Summer issue? I ordered a catalogue in March and then ordered again in April. I haven't received either one yet. I had the same problem last year - I don't think they like sending the catalogue to Canada. However, they have no problem sending the fabric I buy from them!
    It is Volume 55 Summer 2011. There is a 10% off deal if you order from it by May 30th. When I had ordered from the previous catalog I got another one with my order; gave it to my DDIL who is a non-quilting graphic artist. But she loved it.

It's worse than the Sears Christmas catalog when I was a kid!

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
    It is Volume 55 Summer 2011. There is a 10% off deal if you order from it by May 30th. When I had ordered from the previous catalog I got another one with my order; gave it to my DDIL who is a non-quilting graphic artist. But she loved it.
    Thanks for the info. I even asked for a catalogue to be included with my last order and they didn't put one in. I'm going to have to email them to find out what the heck is going on.

I just got my first catalog and am in love too!
    I've dog eared way too many pages to be safe this year.

I just returned from the AQS show in Paducah and spent a month's salary in Hancock's of Paducah! The store is wonderful and Mr. Hancock and family are terrific! Have you ever been to the store? It is quite an experience.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by primitivequilter
    I just returned from the AQS show in Paducah and spent a month's salary in Hancock's of Paducah! The store is wonderful and Mr. Hancock and family are terrific! Have you ever been to the store? It is quite an experience.
    No, I have never been there. I probably would be so confused with indecision that I would end up buying nothing. That happens to me when I go to a new fabric store; want to buy everything, so buy nothing. I would rather take my time poring over the catalog or the website.

Quote Originally Posted by LoriEl
    Quote Originally Posted by gal288

I just got mine yesterday, too, and do the same thing!
    Ditto!

Blog Entries
    I'd look forward to the catalog but they have yet to finish my order I placed back in February. They keep saying it's on back order, give me a break. This is the second or third time this has happened with this company.

Got mine. OOOHHH..FAABBRICC. Preettty!! I might be gone for a while. LOL

Blog Entries
    Cool, I don't get the catalouge, but I know I would enjoy looking through it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast