Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
One or more >

One or more

One or more

Old 10-19-2020, 05:38 PM

I thinned out my quilt book collection (and magazines too!) and kept only those that really had several I was interested in making. Now I mostly just try to buy books that are more technique books--ones on color, or techniques to use in modern quilts, or quilting patterns like Angela Walter's Shape to Shape books. Right now I'm debating whether to buy some of dying fabric from C & T--have loaded it in my shopping cart 2x and then click out!
Old 10-20-2020, 05:13 AM
Power Poster

So many times I have bought quilting books because I wanted to make so many quilts in them. Years later I wonder why I ever bought that book.
Do you keep these books or pass them on?
Old 10-20-2020, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

I am a quilt book and pattern addict. I try not to have so many and I do donate them to my favorite charity thrift shop when I can part with them. But, I think I am out of control when it comes to any type of pattern. Clothing, quilting and even doll or craft patterns find it's way to my vast library.
Yesterday a very old friend of mine brought me ten more from her stash. I love three of them, the rest will be donated. I need to go to a ten step to rid myself of this addiction.