Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinion on Comic Boards Wanted >

Opinion on Comic Boards Wanted

Opinion on Comic Boards Wanted

Old 01-27-2016, 03:33 PM

Default Opinion on Comic Boards Wanted

I've seen where many of you are happy with the comic boards.
My problem is I have the wire baker racks with clear plastic tubs. The boards would have to sit with in the tubs as otherwise they would fall through the shelving. I've also spent lots of money for the tubs years ago and hate to think of just tossing them out.
I did ruler fold originally my fabrics but they are stacked on top of each other so I have to dig through them to see what I have.
Are the comic boards a waste of money in my situation???? Having trouble deciding. Thanks
Old 01-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

If you have the nice bins, can you ruler fold and stand the fabric up rather then stacking?
Old 01-27-2016, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

Measure your tubs. I have comic boards and they are 6 3/4"x 11". You could put them in lengthwise like if your sides are about 7'' instead of upright or laying flat. Like an index cards in a box. You could ruler fold and try it that way like index cards. A whole package of a 100 comic book boards take up about an 1 1/2" extra space. So you won't be out much space. I'm getting ready to reorganize my stash and considering different folds. If you go to YouTube or just Google KonMari/organization you will find a lot of folding tips. I already redid my undergarment drawer. Great site to check out.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:11 AM

How about putting thin acrylic in the bottom of the baskets then the "books" would not fall thru. Or cut out cardboard and wrap in acid free tissue. Just block the bottoms of the baskets and use them. Sounds like it would look nice too.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

I am trying to figure out what would work best for me. I have always put larger pieces (+2 yds) on the cardboard bolt but they are now the same length as the width of my closet. It is so nice to be able to see your stash instantly rather than digging thru a tub.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:42 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Measure your tubs. Comic book boards come in different sizes, as the size of comics has changed over the years. I think the smallest is 6.75" x 10.5" and the largest is 10.25" x 13.5", so you should be able to find a size that will fit, if you want to try it. Now....if only they made them half size for those pieces filling up my scrap bins.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:37 PM

I worked in a printing shop all my life and we always had people come in for the board .
Printer call it padding board .
Just call one and they can cut it any size you want . It,s there coffee shop fund .
Tom
Old 01-28-2016, 08:41 PM

Without knowing the size of your bins it is hard to say what will work. I have my fabric on the comic book boards and also keep them in bins. I believe it keeps the dust off my fabric.