Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinons on Arrow Sewing tables >

Opinons on Arrow Sewing tables

Opinons on Arrow Sewing tables

Old 10-21-2013, 08:18 PM

Have it, love it, the extra I paid for the cut out to set my machine in was more than worth it!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:06 PM

I have the arrow bertha but just got it put together so I haven't had a chance to use it yet. It was a pain to assemble. It would have been pretty easy if the instructions were any good. The video I found was only a tiny bit of an improvement. The part that goes up and down is very hard to push down so I'm hoping with the weight of my machine (I have the Janome 6600) it will be easier. Right now, with no machine, I can push it to the level where you sew but can't even begin to push it all the way down to the storage level. I kind of wish now that I had invested in one that you don't have to push (if there is such a thing) but since no one local sold these, there was no way for me to try it out. It does have the center needle seating position.

Tomorrow I will try putting my machine in it (we're in the middle of a move and my machine is still at the old house).
Old 05-07-2017, 04:14 AM

Hi. I am considering purchasing the Arrow corner cabinet for my Janome 6600. I see most of the replies to this post are from several years ago. If course I will measure to see if it will fit-it's not on the list of those that don't fit. Just wondering if anyone has purchases one lately and what your opinions are. Not sure if my
Link will work but it's the Arrow Mod Squad 2021. Thanks!
http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/ar...All%20Products
Old 05-07-2017, 04:56 AM

Nessie, I have 2 Arrow cabinets-the Sewnatra with hydraulic lift and the Suzy storage cabinet.
I also have an Arrow Gidget table.

The Sewnatra and Suzy were purchased 5 or 6 years ago, but I just got the Gidget table earlier this year.
I think that for the money they are excellent products. I also found that the instructions that came with them were very easy to follow.

Their new Mod Squad line looks great to me. I can't remember if it has the hydraulic lift like my Sewnatra or if it has the chain style platform like my Gidget table. Either way, they were both easy to get adjusted for my machines.

I use the Sewnatra for my Brother PC420PRW and the 1981 Brother-- switch them out as needed. Figured out what level to put the hydraulic for the tallest one and then use some cardboard himself to bring the shorter one up to level-- not really necessary since it is easy to change the level of the hydraulic platform, but it saves having to get on my hands and knees to adjust the mechanism.

The Gidget with its chain system holds my fairly heavy vintage Kenmore just fine.

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 05-07-2017 at 05:04 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:13 AM

You said the table has a mechanical air lift. I'm not sure I understand why you would need a lift for the Janome 6600, since it doesn't have a free arm. My cabinet (which was pricey) has the lift to raise my previous machine for me to use the free arm, but I never use that since I got the 6600.

BTW, you will LOVE the 6600--it's a fantastic machine!!
Old 05-07-2017, 12:56 PM

The lift is also used for when you want to put the machine away, so although the 6600 doesn't have a free arm, it's still useful. I've had my Aussie for five or six years now and it's like new and gets pretty heavy use. I also have several Joeys and the Dingo cutting/storage table which I love.

If you look at the photos of the Mod cabinets, my very bright green, pink, yellow, etc. quilt is hanging on the wall. I participated in a contest with Arrow and won, and they got to keep the quilt. It's a thrill every time I see it in an ad!

https://www.arrowcabinets.com/shop/a...d-4-piece-set/
Old 03-05-2019, 12:21 PM

I realize it's years later, but how is the Sewnatra holding up? I've ready to buy one, but concerned about the lift failing after a few years.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:56 PM

My Sewnatra lift is still going strong. I've had it for 7 or 8 years now.

Rob
Old 03-06-2019, 12:30 PM

I have Gidget 1 and 2...one being for my smaller machines and two for the bigger...Love them both...The larger table is also used when I need to use the embroidery part on my larger machine and no vibrations...sturdy tables.