Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Organ machine needles?

I use Organ needles mostly.On my basic Brother machines they sew a much better stitch than Schmetz which I buy only if they are on sale cheap enough for me to put up with the frustration that will follow: for me thy will SOUND dull even when new. Thump thump..

I'll have to try the Organ Titanium ones for my embroidery machine. thanks for the info.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustMe View Post
    I have had a Bernina since 2004, and have never used anything but Organ needles in it. Never had a problem. If you need your needles immediately, I would suggest going here: http://ctsusa.com/ I buy my needles by the hundreds, and get free shipping. You might want to look there also.
    This is the sight I use and get good prices and fast service. I use Organ HLX5 on my short arm quilter and they have worked very well. Can someone give me the Organ titanium top stitch needle number?
    Ken

LOVE THEM!!!! Have used on my Viking 1+, Janome 350 em, Pfaff1222 and Singer 99K. Now problem, better price, I ordered from an ebay site and shipping wasn't that bad. Very satisfied and will keep using them. My Janome came with Organ needles.
    brenda in MI

Blog Entries
    I used the organ embroidery needles and found them to be good quality.By OESD Company

I use them all the time. You can get them on ebay or www.discountembroiderysupply.com They are about $12 per 100, last time I bought, and the shipping is free. I like their large eye needles for quilting.

you can buy them from diamond needle corp

I like the organ needles too

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I use the Organ Titanium topstitch coated needles. They stay sharp for months and the topstitch has less thread breaking.
    Me too BellaBoo - I get mine from Superior Thread. That is the needle he recommends for piecing and quilting. And I agree, they last for months!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by KenZ View Post
    This is the sight I use and get good prices and fast service. I use Organ HLX5 on my short arm quilter and they have worked very well. Can someone give me the Organ titanium top stitch needle number?
    Superior Thread recommends 80/12 for piecing and 90/14 for quilting. Go to superiorthread.com for a lot of information on their needles.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I use Organ about 99.9% of the time - I can't remember ever having any trouble with them.

Recently, I bought some Orange brand and whaddaya know - they're just as good!

The only problem with the "generic" type brands is that they're not going to have the specialty needles like Schmetz has - wing needles, twins of different widths, topstitch, etc.

But since I've got "old gal" machines, I pretty much use sharps for everything anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    There is a yahoo group that buys in bulk and the group orders when there is enough orders to fill from the members. I am a member and no problems at all in my orders. It's called Needlecoop.
    I to have ordered needles from this group and have always been happy with what I got. That being said I ordered some needles for my Nolting but have not used them yet.But for sewing machine/embroidery machines they work great at a great price!

Blog Entries
    I have several brands of needles. I measured them side by side and the Singer needles are a smidge bit longer then the Organ, Schmetz, Bissell, and Kalsse. It's important to use Singer needles, especially with the older model Singers. The extra smidge makes a better stitch and less bobbin issues. I have a Quantum Singer and the threader won't work unless I use Singer needles.
    Got fabric?

Well I thought I was an informed sewer but have never heard of the Organ brand before. Do not remember seeing them anywhere here in NE Kansas but maybe it's because I didn't know to look for them.

I just bought a new Brothers SE400 and they suggested the Organ needles. Seems the Singer needles are just a tad too long and will pieirce the bobbin case if you use them. They said Schmetz were okay.

Blog Entries
    I LOVE Organ needles.

Buy them in bulk (100 needles package) from AllStitch.net since I
    got my first embroidery machine. Love the Titanium needles also.

Blog Entries
    I also like Organ needes and I try to always buy the "large eye" needles for embroidery...less breaking of thread.

I just had my 10 mo. old Janome 7700 in for a tune-up.. Had lots of tension problems. I was told by my repairman to use ONLY Organ needles in Janome machines. So I bought a bunch. We'll see. Hope that was the problem!

I bought a sewing chair at an auction several months ago and in one of the two drawers, there was tons of sewing items for Pfaff (feet, needles...) and Singer Touch n Sew 646. But one of the items was a pack of Organ Needles. Thanks for all of the info posted here. Will use the Organ needles and give away the rest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2