Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Owners of Baby Lock Ellisimo quilting and embroidery machine -- >

Owners of Baby Lock Ellisimo quilting and embroidery machine --

Owners of Baby Lock Ellisimo quilting and embroidery machine --

Old 09-02-2014, 01:13 PM

Default Owners of Baby Lock Ellisimo quilting and embroidery machine --

I have an Ellisimo machine and have really enjoyed it, however it is being discontinued because of the new Dynasty that has just been released by Baby Lock. I know they do have trade in allowances and most of the dealers are gearing up to offer discounts with trade ins for the new Dynasty. I don't particularly like the idea of having a discontinued machine. I wonder if they will still be serviced and if any warranties would apply. Just a lot of questions for this turn of events. I don't know if I could justify the cost of the Dynasty. Any one with any answers? or thoughts?
Old 09-02-2014, 01:31 PM

I don't have an Ellisimo, but I do have the Crescendo, elegante2, and an Ellure. I am sure that they will still service your machine. The Destiny is awesome,but I'm not upgrading!! Babylock is wonderful.....my dealer is!!
Old 09-02-2014, 03:49 PM

I saw a demo of the Dynasty this weekend and it is one awesome machine. Of course it was more expensive than any car I've ever owned. The dealer was offering a deal, along with BL incentive, and it was still astronomical (to me, the rank amateur). I think even trading the Ellisimo gold the price was still over $5,000. If you trade up I hope you are able to use all the cool features! It looked like a lot of fun.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:12 PM

Baby Lock/Brother still service their "old"machines, therefore so should your dealer. If your machine is still under warrenty, that warrenty should be honored. Your dealer or Baby Lock may not offer a warrenty on your machine if there is not one on it now. There are thousands of machines still in use that are not under warrenty. Good owner maintenance is important. I take my machines in once a year to have the dealer go over them. I paid a great deal for my machines to not take care of them. I maintain my cars, why not my machines. Not everyone upgrades every time a new machine comes out. Talk to your dealer about your concerns. If you are being talked into a new machine because they say that they can no longer service your machine, find a new dealer.

Last edited by Bneighbor; 09-02-2014 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Auto fill lost it's mind, again
Old 09-02-2014, 07:11 PM

Oh I am not upgrading to the new Destiny......,I did last fall to my Crescendo, which I love! I do more quilting than embroidering, but my Elegante is wonderful!
Destiny is out of my budget!
Old 09-02-2014, 08:59 PM

Looks like I spelled Destiny wrong. And also in the title I said the Ellisimo was a 'quilting' machine. I got off track on that one. Since I do mostly quilting instead of garment sewing it seems like it's a quilting machine to me. I've been using it this last week to quilt using the embroidery feature. I've hooped that baby many times. I'm getting better at it and the quilting design has turned out pretty good. I really have enjoyed using a good sewing machine. My last one was a $27.00 garage sale special and I used it until I wore it out. So there is a big difference with what I was used to and what I have now.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:05 AM

I heard that the Destiny would be 15k. I was in the local sewing machine dealer where I bought my crescendo and asked them. The answer: Yes. I certainly cant afford anything like that. I overstretched my budget when I bought the crescendo for 4500$. I said that's more than the top Bernina and she said "for now"
Old 09-03-2014, 09:14 AM

Feel sure that the BL shops will continue to service these machines for years -- your warranty from BL will be honored. Any maintenance agreements will continue, and be renewed by your service provider. I'll personally ask if there will be any additional upgrades for your machine.

Think how often new models of cars come out --every single year! And there are plenty of old cars around that continue to be serviced and function perfectly -- my last car was old enough to vote before he was offered up as a trade in on a newer model!

Continue to enjoy and use your wonderful machine. It was the "state of the art" when it came out in 2008. It is still an awesome machine. Remember that you too paid a tidy sum for its new technology. You know its ins and outs -- no need to make any change.

I work in a LQS -- we stock the BL, HV, Pfaff, and Juki lines. And service all machines, including some that are 30+ years old. The ones that become a problem are really old ones where replacement parts are no longer available. While the shops are ready to have faithful and dedicated BL owners move up to the new machines, they realize not everyone will be wanting to do so at this time.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:43 PM

Hulalulu, thank you for your comments. It truly was a big step for me to buy my BL Ellisimo. It's reassuring to hear that it will continue to have the service available. I really laughed at your 'car being old enough to vote' - thanks for your kind concern.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:35 PM

Hulalulu, do you know of a place on the Big Island, where I can get ok maintenance on an Elissimo?