Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pam Bono Patterns >

Pam Bono Patterns

Pam Bono Patterns

Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 AM

I have made several of her quilts-Irish Chain, Log Cabin (my favorite), a tulip pattern, Out of the Darkness, and have just purchased her frilly log cabin pattern. Can't wait to start it. Her patterns are like jigsaw puzzles. Read all directions and label stacks as you cut--I use masking tape snippets and spring clips to keep it all organized. The Out of the Darkness was a king and I hand quilted it with variegated thread.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:15 AM

I also have made many of her patterns and I always label the pieces when cut and have had no problem. They are gorgeous and I love her patterns
Old 01-09-2013, 07:35 AM

You have convinced me to give it a whirl. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 AM

I have made one and I found it easy to do...took a bit of time but was worth the trouble. One piece of advice is follow it step-by-step. You can do it if you really want to badly enough. I think we have to step it up from time to time and I felt like I did that with her pattern.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:46 AM

I have made a couple of her patterns and love them. If you follow her directions (which are very detailed) you will find it very easy to do and they turn out perfectly. Just be organized when you are cutting the pieces, label them as she instructs you to and you will have no problems
Old 01-09-2013, 12:54 PM

I made Out of Darkness and as long as you bag all the different pieces, you'll do ok!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:56 PM

I love her patterns! And I agree with everyone else: they just look difficult because there are often alot of pieces, but they are easy to construct. Just follow the directions closely and label everything as directed, and you'll have great results. I put my pieces in sandwich bags, with a piece of masking tape on the outside with the letter/number on it. Once the project is done, I keep the bags for the next project, since many of the labels will be repeated on subsequent patterns of hers.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:18 AM

I to have you used her patterns I had the opportunity to take a class from her once it was really fun the one I did was called sleeping kitty would like to make another but to many quilts to little time
Old 01-10-2013, 12:27 PM

I have 3 or 4 of her books and have made quilts, tablerunners, and placemats which have turned out great.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM

I made a small wall hanging with her free rose pattern for Mothers Day. It turned out wonderful! HOWEVER, as everyone else has stated, read the directions, follow them exactly and LABEL everything as she tells you. It will seem overwhelming but will go together beautifully. I have been told her husband is/was an engineer and designs the pieces. YES there are a LOT OF PIECES to her quilts but don't let that overwhelm you. Good Luck