Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: which part of the process is your LEAST favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey
    I have to say cutting is my least favorite thing. I know this it is a lot easier than it used to be, but, for some reason, it seems to take forever. Once I'm done with that, the rest goes pretty fast.
    I'm with you on that one. Also squaring up fabric.

I love sewing, putting together and every part of the quilt but I also hate cutting - it takes forever...

Can't stand doing borders. Too tedious for measure measure measure and the finally cute and hold your breath that you measured correctly. Yeah, can't stand doing borders...

making the sandwich...hate it

It used to be cutting that I dreaded. Now I don't mind cutting, piecing (unless it's the tiny stuff), making the sandwich, and even ironing are all OK. I don't mind binding, but I'm not proud of my work yet! :lol:

Misery loves company. I thought I was the only one dreading those cuts. I measure, remeasure and measure again and some many times I still come up short on my border cuts. But, I've learned to stretch and squnch (is that a word?) to make the corners fit. Glad someone else has the same problem.

I hate making the sandwich too! By the time I'm done pinning my fingers are on fire!!! They are usually even sore the next day. Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by vicki75
    I hate making the sandwich too! By the time I'm done pinning my fingers are on fire!!! They are usually even sore the next day. Yuck!
    Yeah, those safety pins can really hurt after awhile. But it is still better than hand basting.

I see a number of people don't like the cutting part. My DH purchased a QuiltCut2 a year ago for Christmas and I'm really beginning to believe it was worth the money! I don't waste nearly as much fabric as I did trying to keep my ruler still while I used the rotary cutter!

deciding which pattern to try next!! :)

The sandwich comes first for least favorite, and pressing the whole top comes second.

I would have to say quilting is the part I dread but once I'm all done I love it.

Pulling it out of storage, along with all the others, and wondering when am I going to finish them. Oh well, that may be my daughters problem. Oops, she doesn't sew. Could be, they are my retirement fund and memories. lol

I know this is an older thread..But I just joined lol

I was amazed at how many hated doing the boarders...I loved that most of all (used one of the basics and beyond books to learn how)..
    I definitely can not stand the "quilting" so far..I know practice makes perfect(first quilt)..But 2-3 mistakes in each diagonal line has me pulling out my flippin hair lol..And I am so anxious to learn more designs,learn to make my own designs etc that I am short on patience..
    I know that highering someone(professional)to do my quilting is expensive...So my solution for now is to higher a friend I have to quilt just my top centers with a very basic design for around 15-20$ and I will help her with her color selections, which she hates...She's wanting to get in to FMQ so I also bought her the FMQ foot(I am not above bribery lol)
    Once I learn the basics of making all the different shapes.I'll then have another go at the dreaded quilting lol

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7