Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: pink and purple frog fabric

pink and purple frog fabric

Do you remember that pink and purple frog fabric a few years back, it was at Walmart and JoAnns for awhile, a complete collection of coordinating fabrics?

I was organizing my sewing room when I discovered a bag of this fabric-Walmart $1 a yard stuff. I probably have ~10 yards of various fabrics. So, my question is did anyone make quilts with it? Could you post your photos? I know it was pretty popular at least in my area because just about everyone remembers it. I'll see if I can get a photo of my pile later.

Usually I have a pattern and then go search for the fabric. I'm not good with figuring out a pattern for a specific fabric.

I'm thinking about the QFK basic 4 patch idea- http://www.quiltsforkids.org/pattern...quilt-pattern/. but that's kind of boring. Maybe Warm Wishes...that may work...I'll have to see if that would work.

Blog Entries
    i remember the fabric well. however, i got the green and yellow with purple version. i made a bag out of it to carry my quilting supplies to guild, etc.
    Name:  003.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  152.5 KB Name:  002.JPG
Views: 526
Size:  149.5 KB
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

That's so cute.

I made several kids quilts with it ( may still have some), but I gave them all away. Don't think I have any pictures. Also made a backpack for a girl who loves frogs
    added-I found one in Warm Wishes pattern
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pattypurple; 02-02-2013 at 05:46 PM.
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Blog Entries
    I love that fabric. Where did you find it? I need about half a yard or more if possible.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

I have the fabric, but never made anything with it either. I collect frog fabric and have a hard time cutting it up.

I worked in Walmart fabric and yep...I have some of that. Used some in my great grandson's baby quilt about a year ago. LOL
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

There was so much of it at the time it was released. Everytime I went fabric shopping there were entire sections dedicated to this fabric line. I even have the green/pink/yellow camo fabric that goes with it. I'll post a photo of the fabrics tomorrow.

I only bought it because it was $1-2 a yard and I make a lot of comfort quilts for kids. I bought mostly the frogs so I need to find some more coordinating fabrics. I like the yellow and blue on the warm wishes. I have those pink frogs too.

If you do a google image search for pink and purple frogs there are still people selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
    I love that fabric. Where did you find it? I need about half a yard or more if possible.
    Which fabric do you need, the original posters or mine in the picture? If its mine I look
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Blog Entries
    I have a few pieces of the green. I think everyone in my guild has a quilt with some of the frog fabric in it somewhere. LOL
    Got fabric?

finally have the photos

Here are the photos of the different frog and possibly coordinating fabrics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My problem is I get quilters paralyzis when it comes to cutting out a new project. As long as the fabric is whole, it has the possibility of so much but once I cut it...maybe another pattern will show up tomorrow that would have been perfect for it. So I collect and fondle my fabric and dream quilty things. Arrange it into piles that might go together, then change my mind.