Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "Age" Related Slump (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%22age%22-related-slump-t124928.html)

Marcy J. 05-22-2011 10:11 AM

I have been reading the posts from quilters going through a slump. I am 72 years old and and experiencing insecure thoughts such as "why buy any more fabric", and "why start on a new project". I am losing my enthusiam because my age does not warrant a lot of time for the projects I have always wanted to do. Would the upper-age group quilters share their thoughts on this problem I am having.

LoriEl 05-22-2011 10:17 AM

What if you live until you're 90 or more? That is almost 20 years!! Live for today and enjoy your quilting!

Lindsey 05-22-2011 10:18 AM

Well I am only 62 but I think having something to do keeps the mind going and I love the thoughts of having something to do during the day, afternoon or evenings. Shoot YOu can't go yet there is still to much quilting to do. Makes me thing i'll live for quite some time. I jsut have too too much to do.

Lady Tapioca 05-22-2011 10:19 AM

I'm 52 but, I spend a few days a week with a 91 year old woman who crochets for hours at
a time. Many blankets, scarves, etc. for charity and friends. It's hard to keep her supplied with yarn!
You probably have quite a few quilts left to make - better get started!

luv-e 05-22-2011 10:24 AM

Can you have a Quilting Buddy over ?????
This could bring you right out of it!!!
Best of luck...

lynnie 05-22-2011 10:27 AM

i'm 52 and who knows i could die tomorrow and you could live to be 100, so you have over 25 GOOD yearsof quilting left, go buy, you'll fell better!!!

grandma pepsi 05-22-2011 10:28 AM

I'm 71, and it's true we sometimes go into a slump. But, that's no different than anybody else. However, we do have the wisdom to talk to ourselves (and at our age this is sometimes very funny and perfectly legal). I look at it as 'there is no time to fret about what might happen, only time for enjoyment NOW. Through our lives we have sacrificed in order to do for others. Hopefully, this brought us a sense of satisfaction. So why not continue, and still feel worthy within ourselves.

lynnie 05-22-2011 10:28 AM

where do you live, can i come over and quilt with you????? i bet you have someone who wuld love to INHERIT a bunch of quilts 25-30 years from now, so you better get your butt moving and sew everyday and keep them fabric store in business

redbug 05-22-2011 10:30 AM

forget your age, I'm 74 and nothing is going to slow me down

bug

ghostrider 05-22-2011 10:30 AM

Age is only a circumstantial detail, like the color of your eyes, and it is only when you stop living, that you die. The things you do for yourself, and for others are what keep you young and alive...no matter what the calendar tells you, and no matter what those things are.

If you are isolated for any reason, find regular face-to-face contacts. It makes all the difference in the world!