Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "Bow Tucks" Bag sighting..did you make it ?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%22bow-tucks%22-bag-sighting-did-you-make-t138855.html)

MelodyWB 07-19-2011 05:40 PM

While I'm on the board a lot..I see these Bow Tucks Bags..I ran into a lady at an x-ray the other day carrying one..she told me a friend of hers had made it for her..I think I've seen it on the board..sooo.. who made one for a friend that has women sitting in a row type.. with vegs as butts..it's really cute..she said it was about our shapes ???

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 07-19-2011 06:00 PM

I don't know who made it but I have that fabric. I too plan on making a friend of mine a bow tucks with that fabric. It really is cute!!!

Pam B 07-19-2011 06:04 PM

I just came home from our county fair one one of the extension homemakers had made a Bow-tucks bag for her exhibit. I see them everywhere!

Crafty Darlene 07-19-2011 07:13 PM

I know the fabic your talking about, so cute. I finally made my first one, took a class with Fayzer. I've got alot of compliments on it. The best one was "Where did you buy your purse at?"

Charming 07-19-2011 07:23 PM

Who is Fayzer?? i need a class for bow tuck ):

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
I know the fabic your talking about, so cute. I finally made my first one, took a class with Fayzer. I've got alot of compliments on it. The best one was "Where did you buy your purse at?"

Jim 07-19-2011 07:52 PM

my DIL is wanting a new fabric purse....our library has free quilting lessons every month and there's a purse class coming up in October ...my wife doesn't do that type of quilting (she runs the longarm) and since I've made them before looks like a bow tuck class is in my future

katesnanna 07-19-2011 08:04 PM

That bag sounds like one of colleen53's. I'm sure she does them in her sleep. I asked recently and she wasn't sure past 60.

Joanie2 07-19-2011 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MelodyWB
While I'm on the board a lot..I see these Bow Tucks Bags..I ran into a lady at an x-ray the other day carrying one..she told me a friend of hers had made it for her..I think I've seen it on the board..sooo.. who made one for a friend that has women sitting in a row type.. with vegs as butts..it's really cute..she said it was about our shapes ???

The one you saw could be this?? Made it for a local N. Calif friend.

MelodyWB 07-19-2011 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2

Originally Posted by MelodyWB

The one you saw could be this?? Made it for a local N. Calif friend.

How adorable..I did see your posting and that is the fabric..but this lady's was different on top and I'm in Arizona..thanks for showing the fabric..I may have to make one !!