Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "PROJECT INCOMPLETE" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%22project-incomplete%22-t162758.html)

MissJMac 10-24-2011 01:16 AM

"Project Incomplete", that's what I call it anyway.
I see a quilt on the QB, at Mo Star Quilt, or any of the countless internet sites we visit daily and know I just have to make it NOW!! I get the instructions, start pulling fabric and begin cutting and sewing. Beautiful, I'm so proud of myself, everything's going great.
I've earned a break, think I'll fix a cup of tea and visit the ladies of the "Quilting Board". Wow!! fantastic discussions, beautiful pictures, new tips, links, and evem the recipes.
Geez, that makes my sewing room look reallly sad, I've got to make that quilt Jenny made at MO Star, that Bargello looks like something I could handle.
I start duplicating Jenny's quilt cause she made it look soooo... easy. I can't stop thinking about that Bargello, so I start pulling from the stash again. By now the unfinished quilts are starting to back up and on and on and on and on....
Having exposed my shortcomings here, I was just wondering if I'm the only one suffering from this malady or are there others who get so excited when they see something new they just have to start it right now.
If you're not guilty, then how do you explain your stash of unfinished tops?? LOL

dakotamaid 10-24-2011 01:18 AM

I am guilty!!

Newby0709 10-24-2011 01:21 AM

GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!!!!

I lay awake at night thinking about the next project or finishing the one I started. I would be more productive if I just got up and worked on a project instead of checking the QB.

DebsShelties 10-24-2011 01:21 AM

Life can get in the way. It happens at my joint all the time. I found a couple hours to sew yesterday, not sure about today as I have things like getting my van the yearly safety inspection, have to take extra tiles back to Home Depot for refund, etc.

katier825 10-24-2011 01:24 AM

I do it all the time! Sometimes I have an excuse though...baby shower or birthday and need a quick quilt, so I put aside what I'm doing and start another project. I have many projects bagged up so I can grab and start one quickly. Every so often, I will make myself finish up an older project. Right now I've got a bunch of tops I recently finished that were in the works for awhile and now just waiting to be quilted. I had a 3 day weekend and planned on quilting every day...but I didn't feel well and only quilted for a few hours. Life happens!

heather1949 10-24-2011 02:14 AM

I am very guilty. :roll:

MamaQuilter 10-24-2011 02:15 AM

Guilty too :)

wuv2quilt 10-24-2011 02:33 AM

Were we separated at birth??? :) I'm the same way.....oooooo, I could do that, awwww that's so pretty.....too many quilts...so little time :):):)

zennia 10-24-2011 02:47 AM

Guilty. I have to many "oh that looks pretty and easy" projects going. I should be in sewing room right now doing a project for tonights class but here I sit.

LindaM49 10-24-2011 03:25 AM

Another guilty one here...but I am like that with everything...LOL.

The Christmas wallhanging is on the back burner so I can make this bag for my son's girlfriend for Christmas. Other projects that I had planned to make are still in the shopping bags. The biscuit/rag quilt is still on the dining room table waiting for me to finish clipping the seams. And now I want to make a table runner or a tabletop and was thinking I would buy everything this week. BUT...I am trying to control myself to wait. Oh and in a magazine that I bought a few days ago I saw a neat dresden plate quilt pattern...but again must try to restrain myself. And I really don't want to.

Since I live in PA and we can have snowy, icy winters I tell my husband I MUST have all of this fabric etc. so I have things to keep me busy when the roads are bad. I don't think he believes me. LOL