Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "Quilters" do you fall in this category? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%22quilters%22-do-you-fall-category-t56462.html)

IrishNY 07-27-2010 02:58 PM

I'm younger, but the numbers are right except reversed. I probably have $3700 in supplies and $8700 in fabric.

Oh, forgot the longarm. OK, more than $3700 in supplies.

paintedquilt 07-27-2010 03:01 PM

Way toooo young :!: ... only 61 on Thursday :oops:

RevPam 07-27-2010 03:03 PM

In 7 years that's me!

grann of 6 07-27-2010 03:06 PM

Well, I'm over on all the categories. I'm 69, and I have that much in ONE machine, and I have 3 others that I use, won't count the antique machines. And fabric and supplies goes way over too.

msariano 07-27-2010 03:11 PM

I do believe my fabric has risen in value, at least some of it. I remember buying very pretty, can't resist, Hoffman Woodblocks prints quite some years ago. Now, I think if I put up a yard or so for sale, it would fetch at the very least $9.50 a yard.
Anyway, I fit all the categories except the one about $8,000+ for tools. I think that may include a long arm or high tech sewing machine--which I don't have --Yet.!

fabric_fancy 07-27-2010 03:13 PM

yes to everything but the age, i'm many decades younger

2livesdown7togo 07-27-2010 03:29 PM

No.
Yes.
Aspiring.
Not yet.

:)

brookemarie19 07-27-2010 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt

Originally Posted by pvquilter
Read this in an article and thought I would share:
Just a few quilting statistics:
*The average age of quilter is 62 years old.
*About 85 percent of quilters have a room dedicated to quilting activities at home.
*On average, a quilter will have $8500.00 worth of tools and supplies for quilting.
*A quilter will also have $3700.00 invested in purchased fabric.

Is this you? I know I fall in that category. Give me your thoughts. :lol: :oops: :roll:

NO!

*27 years old
*Sew at the kitchen table.
*Even with my Brother maching I MIGHT have 1500 dollars worth of tools and supplies.
*If I have 150 dollars worth of purchased fabric I'm lucky! (lol its good quality just not much of it!)

Hey! You sound like me :lol: Although my hubby just brought a special table from work home that I now have my Brother on (in the toy room!!)

MissM 07-27-2010 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by pvquilter
Read this in an article and thought I would share:
Just a few quilting statistics:
*The average age of quilter is 62 years old.
*About 85 percent of quilters have a room dedicated to quilting activities at home.
*On average, a quilter will have $8500.00 worth of tools and supplies for quilting.
*A quilter will also have $3700.00 invested in purchased fabric.

Is this you? I know I fall in that category. Give me your thoughts. :lol: :oops: :roll:

I meet the first 2, just don't have the funds to fit into the last 2. I just have the desire and the love for quilting.

sandpat 07-27-2010 04:30 PM

Nope
nope
nope
nope.

Getting closer on the age thing but about a decade younger.
Using a small corner of the guest bedroom :evil:
I don't have even close to that in tools/machines...but I DO love the gadgets, so someday probably will
I really don't have that much fabric...got a start from an ebay big box win and had a couple of boxes sent by my grandmother..so not much of a stash...

I'll get there though...I just LOVE it!