Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "rainchecks" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%22rainchecks%22-t124678.html)

kay carlson 05-21-2011 08:49 AM

Have you ever requested and/or received a raincheck from Joann Fabrics if they were out of an item???

I live so far away from the store that they could be soldout of an item, even if I called the store before leaving home.

Thanks for your input :-)

Tink's Mom 05-21-2011 08:59 AM

You can place a special order with them...You will have to pay in full, but....when it is shipped to them from the warehouse with the rest of the weekly order, they will call you and you go with your receipt and pick it up.

dunster 05-21-2011 10:55 AM

They usually say that they do not do rainchecks. But they will usually call around to other stores if they are out of something, and you can put a 24-hour hold on it or have it shipped to your store. Of course policies may be different in different areas.

kay carlson 05-21-2011 02:06 PM

I hadn't thought of asking for a 24 hour hold. Thanks for the idea. I guess - no, I know -- that I was thinking about my gasoline and time budgets ;)

Raggiemom 05-21-2011 04:05 PM

I didn't realize they did 24 hour hold either--good to know.

qbquilts 05-21-2011 04:10 PM

As far as I know, they don't do rainchecks. At least they've said no every time to me :-(.

kay carlson 05-22-2011 11:02 AM

Thanks for the help. I truly appreciate your input!

Today, I went on line and placed an order for the 45" Warm and Natural in a 40 yard bolt. With my 50% off coupon the bolt was $80.00, rather than $160. Even with 6% sales tax and $11.95 shipping the bill came to $97.46

I figured that I secured the price, saved my time and stayed home without spending more money on gasoline. (Of course, by staying out of the store, I wasn't tempted to spend more money of impulse purchases -- heehee)

This short arm quilting machine and stand is resulting in investments to get up and running for charity quilts. I am so fortunate, so please don't think this is a complaint :-)

Piecefully yours,
Kay

tooMuchFabric 05-23-2011 07:40 AM

When I wanted to make a special order from JoAnn's here, they said I would pay the shipping. If I wanted to wait until they got the item in on regular merchandising days (if they got it in), then I would not have to pay shipping.

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
You can place a special order with them...You will have to pay in full, but....when it is shipped to them from the warehouse with the rest of the weekly order, they will call you and you go with your receipt and pick it up.

luvTooQuilt 05-23-2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
When I wanted to make a special order from JoAnn's here, they said I would pay the shipping. If I wanted to wait until they got the item in on regular merchandising days (if they got it in), then I would not have to pay shipping.

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom

Ive gotten both.. One clerk said Id have to pay the shipping to THEIR store and another clerk said No shipping fee.. "Its just coming here.." So I always bring my receipt showing my last purchase with NO shipping fee and they waive it..

kay carlson 05-26-2011 05:26 PM

The bolt of Warm batting was ordered 22 May with standard shipping. The package was delivered today. Great service :)