Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "Tigger" fabric???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%22tigger%22-fabric-t72746.html)

salemmm 10-28-2010 04:58 AM

My DH just called from work- and volunteered my quilting services to a co-worker. She would like a full sized bed quilt featuring only Tigger- from Whinnie the Pooh. Does anyone know how I would go about finding some specific fabric like this???? Don't you just love it when someone signs you up for something w/o asking first????? Thanks for your help. Also don't know what I'd charge

Murphy 10-28-2010 05:00 AM

Please practice the words "no, but thank you for asking" (Smile). This, for me, became the no joy quilting type projects. I hope it works out okay for you; but H needs the talk (laughter).

scrapykate 10-28-2010 05:01 AM

check out equilter, they have some, good luck!!

lauriejo 10-28-2010 05:01 AM

Maybe you should tell her how much fabric is needed and let her try to find it herself. You may never hear from her again. Let her know that if you have to look for it you will have to charge her for the time.

gemmyfrog 10-28-2010 05:04 AM

I'd charge twice - first the DH, maybe a nice night out, or get taken some place YOU would like to go. Then charge for the quilt-no help on that: all the quilts I've seen are beautiful, can't give a price.

wolfkitty 10-28-2010 05:29 AM

You can always tell hubby to tell her that he spoke out of turn, that he hadn't checked with you first and you can't o it after all. Or, as lauriejo suggested, have her find and buy what you would need. She may end up not doing it, or at least she would find out this stuff isn't magic that just appears for you. Have you discussed prices? That may be a way out, by giving her a realistic price of what everything plus your time would cost. Uglycook did a really nice piece on pricing in another thread.

brwnntwn 10-28-2010 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Maybe you should tell her how much fabric is needed and let her try to find it herself. You may never hear from her again. Let her know that if you have to look for it you will have to charge her for the time.

make sure she pays for the fabric, thread, batting etc. A lot of people think that quilting is a "cheap" hobby!"

Favorite Fabrics 10-28-2010 08:07 AM

What you're looking for would be made by Springs Industries. So you could search on that. However... I think that all the fabrics that have Tigger would also have Pooh and maybe other characters. So you would have to look for something that lends itself to fussy-cutting probably.

MrsM 10-28-2010 08:15 AM

You can go to fabshophop.com and put it in search. They will list many, many shops.

Prism99 10-28-2010 08:21 AM

By "volunteer", does this mean you will not be paid for making the quilt??? If so, you may want to have a little sitdown talk with your dh!!!

I just Googled "tigger fabric" and found lots of websites. Also, if you cannot find the right fabric, try looking for bedsheets that feature Tigger.