Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "Tips Page" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%22tips-page%22-t116351.html)

sewingsuz 04-30-2011 06:48 PM

Thanks Donna for the great work on Tips pages. Your the greastest

ChubbyBunny 05-01-2011 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
I am just wondering, are we supposed to add our own tips directly to the tips pages, or will someone be screening the other threads for tips that seem good enough to go on this section?

I am screening threads, but you are welcome to add your tips here and I will add them to the official "Tips Page". :D

winter012 05-01-2011 10:45 PM

This is such a GREAT idea!!!!!! Thanks ever so much!!!!!

caliquocat 05-01-2011 11:29 PM

Don't know if this is where to leave a TIP but here goes. It may sound dumb, but, when I am pinning a binding to be hand sewn, I always COUNT the pins before I begin & when I'm finished. It saves sitting on a dropped or misplaced pin.

ILove2quilt 05-02-2011 10:48 AM

Well call me dummmmm I'm looking and looking and couldn't find the tips. (slapped myself on the head) Then I went back to your first post. OH there it is. Thank you so much.

Janet L52 05-02-2011 04:15 PM

Thank you so much for doing this for everyone, it will be a huge help to have all the tips available. I really appreciate the time and effort you put in to this project!

DonnaCee 05-03-2011 07:21 AM

I posted this tip but I don't know where I sent it. (One of those "Senior Moments") so I'll post it again. This is in reference to fabric storage.
First I want to say WOW to Gayle. That is a beautiful collection you have there. And I love your cabinets!
I mounted closet rod holders (the kind you can put a shelf on the top of), used a shower curtain rod and hung 6 over the rod sweater holders. Google "over the rod sweater holder" for a visual if my discription isn't clear. I stacked my fabric in it by color so I can see at a glance what I have. You could use the shoe size holders for FQs. If I'm going to be away from my sewing room for any length of time I hang a sheet over them to keep the dust off.

kit'smamma 05-03-2011 06:20 PM

I've searched and searched for actual tips. Perhaps there are three or four in eight pages. We all agree that a tips page is a wonderful idea and we are grateful for it. Now can we limit ourselves just to posting tips instead of all those "great idea" and "thank you" posts? I hate to be grumpy but I don't have time to plow through all those non tip redundant posts.

Jane

linhawk 05-04-2011 09:03 AM

There was a TIP about binding where you sewed (strips)
2 colors of fabric together, one wider than the other and it made a flange by sewing to the back and then sewing between the flange and the 2nd color. Used it and it is great. Looks like you took a lot of time to do it. NOT

HappyQuilter 05-05-2011 05:46 AM

This is awesome! Thanks!