Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is $3.00 a yd to much for....... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%243-00-yd-much-t107136.html)

Dollysquiltingmom 03-12-2011 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have some fabric that I need to sell to buy some batting. I purchased a lot of fabric from a closing of a home based quilting business. They smoked in the building so the fabric is new but it does have a faint smell of smoke. The fabric that I have used the smoke has washed out. I do smoke but not in my home, so I did not mind buying it. I always prewash my fabric before I work with it. Is $3.00 a yd to much to try and sell this fabric for? It is OOP Debbie Mumm quilt shop quailty fabric. I am posting a picture of the fabric. Thank you for your input.

DogHouseMom 03-12-2011 01:04 PM

I think $3.00 is a fair price. I would mention the smoke issue just so folks know cause A) it bothers some and B) those that it bothers may not be pre-washers.

Zebra2 03-12-2011 01:09 PM

$3.00 is very fair...especially with the price of cotton going up.

seamstress 03-12-2011 01:12 PM

I think $3.00 a yd is a good price. The fabric in the pic is so pretty.

Dollysquiltingmom 03-12-2011 01:17 PM

Thank you for your input. I just was not sure I have a total of 14.5 yds and $3.00 a yard is what I paid for it. Thanks again now off to ebay. Have a great day.
Jackie

kwendt 03-12-2011 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dollysquiltingmom
I have some fabric that I need to sell to buy some batting. I purchased a lot of fabric from a closing of a home based quilting business. They smoked in the building so the fabric is new but it does have a faint smell of smoke. The fabric that I have used the smoke has washed out. I do smoke but not in my home, so I did not mind buying it. I always prewash my fabric before I work with it. Is $3.00 a yd to much to try and sell this fabric for? It is OOP Debbie Mumm quilt shop quailty fabric. I am posting a picture of the fabric. Thank you for your input.

I think $3.00/yard is a very fair price. I wouldn't buy it because I'm very allergic to smoke residuals... but I certainly WOULD buy it, if that wasn't the case.

Thank you for being conscientious and mentioning it's true condition, and that it's very faint, likely to be washed and so forth.

I'm not one of those persons who bash other people for choosing to smoke or not smoke or whatever. And I try not to complain too much, but the issue is very real for me. I've had folks send me books.... that when I get them, discover they've been in a smoking environment. Sometimes, I attempt to air it out for months (not kidding) but that usually doesn't work. Just handling the book gives me hives from the residual tar/nicotine that gets leeched into the paper. I would imagine fabric to be the same way.

So thank you again... for your descriptions. I am one of those who deeply appreciates such things!

Blessings,

FQ Stash Queen 03-12-2011 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dollysquiltingmom
Thank you for your input. I just was not sure I have a total of 14.5 yds and $3.00 a yard is what I paid for it. Thanks again now off to ebay. Have a great day.
Jackie

You can list it here on the Board without going to ebay

SuziC 03-12-2011 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
I think $3.00 is a fair price. I would mention the smoke issue just so folks know cause A) it bothers some and B) those that it bothers may not be pre-washers.

I agree with this :lol:

raedar63 03-12-2011 02:22 PM

On ebay start with 3.00 and see if you get bids it may go way higher being debbie mumm. If It were my style I would buy it all!

sueisallaboutquilts 03-12-2011 02:23 PM

I would sell it here. You won't have the ebay fees.
And it was nice of you to tell about the smoke. That will come out but some people can't tolerate it at all.

For anyone who wants it and is not allergic I know from experience that you can get the smoke smell out.