Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   *beating head on sewing machine!* (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%2Abeating-head-sewing-machine-%2A-t108389.html)

sewbizgirl 03-18-2011 05:01 PM

So sorry for your loss, Bluteddi!

ljgraham 03-18-2011 05:07 PM

So sorry for your loss. I guess I'm different but when I rip out stitches if find it relaxing. Just sitting and thinking of nothing but the material and pattern in my hand. No pressure you've already messed it up, so it can only get better.

twinkie 03-18-2011 05:08 PM

I am sorry for your loss. You need a little time to heal. Prayers and thoughts are with you

Julie in NM 03-18-2011 05:22 PM

It's so hard to loose someone and even worse if unexptected. When my bff died took me a couple weeks to even figure out the easiest of sewing issues. I used that time to just play with fab/books and eventually found my way. Sewing has always been therepudic for me and maybe for you too. Like everyone has said..take time for yourself. Make sure you do eat decent meals. REally does help w/recovery.

debcavan 03-18-2011 05:52 PM

I am sorry you have lost your Father. Your body goes into shock even though you think you are functioning well. So take it easy a little, be kind to yourself and know that I along with many people who don't even know you are thinking of you and keeping you in their prayers.

sharin'Sharon 03-18-2011 06:44 PM

My sympathies to you. As for the squares.....maybe they were 'meant to be'. I know the feeling about not feeling like sewing at this time. It's something I THRIVE on and yet after a tragic auto accident, I didn't care about getting close to the sewing machine for a few months. My family understood it would just take time.

Happy Tails 03-19-2011 03:03 AM

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) to you both

Originally Posted by Plain Jane
I'm sorry about your dad's death. My mom died on March 2. It's tough. Thoughts and prayers.

Baloonatic 03-19-2011 08:32 AM

I am SO sorry about your Dad! About your quilt, why don't you try cutting the 2-inch fabric squares really close to the stitch lines and see if you can remove them? (yes, speaking from experience...)

DottyD 03-19-2011 09:18 AM

Sincere condolences to you and your family on your sad loss. Have a break and then return to your sewing - it does help at a very difficult time.

jpthequilter 03-20-2011 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
I think it is just too soon after the unexpected death of my dad to sew.. I've put things away and will wait a few days... I just thought it would occupy my mind...

I was FMQ along, about 3/4 way done.... just discovered.. I have FMQ several 2 inch sqs ( unrelated to the Veterns wheelchair quilt) to the back side....

* bang bang bang ... head on sewing machine...*

I HATE ripping out quilting..... sigh...

If they are just 2 inch squares, stitched across, carefully !carefully cut them close to the stitching, using blunt scizzors, and then pull threads out fringing them to the stitching lines, and just pull them off!
You will never know that happened. No unpicking! No restitching! Works for bigger pieces too.

I'm a klutz....i'm not going to tell what I accidentally sewed to what else....but that is how I solved not taking
finished quilts apart!