Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   10 MUST HAVE ITEMS in my Quilt/SewingRoom (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/10-must-have-items-my-quilt-sewingroom-t6206.html)

Quilting Aggi 04-17-2008 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Oh! ya, my glasses and my kitties would have to be added...gin and tonic??? How about a Margarita blended??? :wink:

Feathers I looove your kitty in the scraps!! She looks alot like my cat when she was a baby. Your kitty has the same shades of grey as my Miss Mew!!

Quilting Aggi 04-17-2008 03:38 AM

okee.. my turn

1. Sewing Machine
2. Fabric
3. Rotary cutter/mat/rulers
4. Seam ripper (your friend and your enemy)
5. Lap Top (I need to have my friends here with m)!!! and of course my EQ6!
6. Music (yes Andrea Bocelli has to serenade me too.. oooh and add Josh Groban to the list too.. I have a HUGE range of music interests. Just about anything goes besides that Rap stuff and heavy metal)!! :)
7. Iron and Board
8. Little Scissors
9. My Tidy Bag
10. Glass of Shiraz!!!!!

This is a great list to add here!!! Good thinking!

Cheers

Stitching4Fun 04-17-2008 05:21 AM

I use all of the above, but I also couldn't do without a sharp razor blade. I not only do quilts in my sewing room, I also do upholstery work. but one thing that I find that I am always up and down looking for is a measuring tape. I bought one that hangs around my neck and is retractable, but most of the time I just can't locate it. I probably sew in every room of my house!!

I also have my home sewing machine in my carrying case on rollers. I take it with me when I do my trips and when I go to someone to help them with a quilt. But at times I just set my featherweight up and away I go.

I also use those one person fold up tables. I like to use them to sew my squares on as I work on them.

Barb

sandpat 04-17-2008 05:33 AM

My list runs just about like all of yours, but I've found that I also have to have a pair of those tiny fingernail scissors- works great on applique.

Feathers 04-17-2008 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi

Oh! ya, my glasses and my kitties would have to be added...gin and tonic??? How about a Margarita blended??? :wink:

Feathers I looove your kitty in the scraps!! She looks alot like my cat when she was a baby. Your kitty has the same shades of grey as my Miss Mew!!

Hi Andrea: PWee was a foster kitty we had for about 3 months. She came to us more dead than alive and turned out to be the most wonderful cute kitty ever. Of the 50 + kitties we've fostered, she's the one I think of everytime I sew as she was always right next to my right hand checking out everything I was doing and when she got tired, she'd settle into her scrap box.

Thanks for the recommendation for Sarah B's music. I'm not familiar with her work but will sure seek her out. Josh G. has been a fav of mine but when I last went to get one of his CD's they didn't have it in stock and I kinda forgot about it. You've reminded me so guess I'll go get one of his CD's today.

Have a great rest of the week.

Feathers 04-17-2008 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
My list runs just about like all of yours, but I've found that I also have to have a pair of those tiny fingernail scissors- works great on applique.

Sandpat:
THANK YOU for the fingernail scissor MUST HAVE item. I am appliqueing a tulip quilt right now and have been trying to cut those little whiskery threads with the smaller of my scissors. I'll go get my fingernail scissors out and give them a try. Thank you.

Feathers 04-17-2008 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by sondray
My ten things needed:
1. music
2. rotary mat
3. vacuum
4. iron
5. scissors
6. seam ripper
7. tweezers
8. bamboo skewer
9. sewing machine
10. embroidery machine

Hi Sondray:
How do you use the bamboo skewers? Are they for pushing out corners and helping to turn tubes right side out? The vacuum is a wonderful idea...I use my lint brush alot when the thread gets too deep and I do vacuum whenever I do the rest of the house which is only about twice a week...there was a time when I vacuumed every day but I decided nobody (that would be ME) has to spend that much time doing something that isn't fun. Thanks for sharing your list.

Izy 04-17-2008 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi

Hi Everyone:
As I was appliqueing a tulip quilt block this morning I realized there are several things that I use EVERYTIME I make a quilt or sew. I thought it might be fun to share these items with you all and hopefully you'll all share the things you can't sew without. I'll attach a picture of my MUST HAVES!

1. Long Tweezers-helps thread needles, arrange & tucks applique/seams
2. Spray Starch
3. Sidewinder Bobbin Filler
4. Rotary Cutter
5. Big and small Scissors
6. Iron
7. Sewing Machine or two
8. Spray Bottle of Water
9. Seam Ripper or two
10. My music

oooh Feathers I looooooooooooove your taste in Music!! I loooooooove Andrea Bocelli!!! Very soothing!! he can serenade me any day!!! If you like him, you would also like Sarah Brightman and Josh Groban!

Quilting aggi - have you heard of 'Il Divo' a spanish group, if you like andrea - you'll love these!!

Quilting Aggi 04-17-2008 07:03 AM

yes we have a couple of their cds too... They are rather pleasing on the eyes too... humna humna!! :P

their music is nice too LOL

Izy 04-17-2008 07:33 AM

eeerrrmmmm......sure haven't noticed any of the local boys as pleasing to the eye.....maybe there are from up north!!