Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The 12 Steps for Fabric Addicts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/12-steps-fabric-addicts-t1478.html)

zyxquilts 07-19-2007 12:50 PM

Hi, my name is Sue, and I am a Fabric Addict.
These are the 12 steps to recovery that I wrote....but I've only made it to #2! LOL

● We admitted we were powerless over fabric—that our quilt studios had become unmanageable
● Came to believe that a new storage system could restore us to sanity
● Made a decision to turn our will and our stash over to the care of a professional organizer
● Made a searching and fearless inventory of our stash
● Admitted to ourselves, and to another quilter, the exact nature of our stash
● Were entirely ready to donate our old fabric to our Philanthropy Chairperson
● Humbly asked the Philanthropy Chair to come take the old fabric
● Made a list of all projects we had left unfinished, and became willing to complete them all
● Made direct efforts to complete such projects, wherever possible, except when to do so would require buying more fabric
● Continued to take stash inventory and when we were tempted to create another UFO or PIG, promptly admitted it
● Sought through classes and guild workshops to improve our completion rate and have the willpower to carry that out
● Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to fabric addicts, and to practice these principles in all our shop hops ●

ShellyQ 07-19-2007 12:58 PM

LOL. Good one Sue, you gave me a good giggle. I'm at about step 5 but that's about as far as I'm prepared to go. THey should have health warnings on those pretty little coordinated packs that get you started :lol:

SandraJennings 07-19-2007 01:20 PM

12 steps are too many!
Would say this though...

Qulter's Healing Phrases.
1. I am in a productive relationship with my fabric.
I try to produce ...it keeps on producing.

2.I share my stash.
I share with others....it shares inspiration.

3.Agreement is my motto.
I agree to finish my projects....it agrees to supply me with more.

4.I am assured of my sanity.
If ever I question....my stash remains adamantly silent.

5. I am a quilter.
I am hopelessly addicted.....it is impossible to cure...I don't want one...my stash is my best friend....I find it late at night , or early in the morning...I .....gotta go.....it beckons once more.

Rebecca Chambley 07-20-2007 04:46 AM

I totally agree with SANDRA. I'm addicited and I don't need or want a cure. It is my solace, and my own little world.

quiltmaker101 07-20-2007 05:23 AM

You girls are hilarious!

vicki reno 07-20-2007 05:23 AM

I loved the first one and totally agree with the 2nd. This forum is so much fun. I got a good laugh from both! Thanks ladies!

Renae McClain-White 10-09-2007 01:22 PM

Hi my name is Renae and I am quilt a holic!! hahaha! I love your 12 step program! I am going to become a member!!

Thanks for sharing!
Renae in California.......

bj 10-09-2007 01:30 PM

Sue, I'm stuck on step 2 right there with you. Very clever. And Sandra, the healing phrases are very therapeutic...Thx girls.

Knot Sew 10-09-2007 01:46 PM

I have not been quilting quite 2 years and fabric and stuff has taken over one room. The last few days I have been sewing at the kitchen table....and it would be beter if i had more shelves lol :D

amma 10-09-2007 03:37 PM

:lol: :lol: You both crack me up! Thank you, I needed that! :lol: :lol: