Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   15-91 Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/15-91-sewing-machine-t107525.html)

Nanny J 03-14-2011 04:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone tell me how much my 15-91 might be worth? It has all the original parts and cabinet and it still sews great! I bought her from the original owner,she bought it brand new. Any information would be helpful.

CarrieAnne 03-14-2011 04:16 AM

I would pm Billy! Wow, beautiful machine!

CarrieAnne 03-14-2011 04:17 AM

Should have said Lostn51, that is Billy, the vintage machine guy, lol!

quiltmaker 03-14-2011 04:50 AM

I purchased one about a year ago in excellent/flawless condition, fabulous cabinet and all the accessories for $50.00. Sews like a dream and also was from the original owner.

BellaBoo 03-14-2011 05:46 AM

I bought some years ago, perfect condition, records every 6 months from local Singer shop where it was purchased. The repairman came to the store to oil and clean the machine. The machine was used by a clothing store alteration dept so it was used a lot and the store bought it brand new in the 50's. It came with the original sewing cabinet. I paid $150. The Singer repairman was very angry when he found out I bought the machine, he wanted it and had no idea it was for sale when the store closed. He thought he would get it back. He actually threw the original manual at me, he was so mad. I had no idea he thought the machine should be his. The new store building owner was only interested in getting cash for all the inventory as soon as possible. I was in the right place at the right time. It's an excellent machine. I named her The Lady.

Candace 03-14-2011 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I bought some years ago, perfect condition, records every 6 months from local Singer shop where it was purchased. The repairman came to the store to oil and clean the machine. The machine was used by a clothing store alteration dept so it was used a lot and the store bought it brand new in the 50's. It came with the original sewing cabinet. I paid $150. The Singer repairman was very angry when he found out I bought the machine, he wanted it and had no idea it was for sale when the store closed. He thought he would get it back. He actually threw the original manual at me, he was so mad. I had no idea he thought the machine should be his. The new store building owner was only interested in getting cash for all the inventory as soon as possible. I was in the right place at the right time. It's an excellent machine. I named her The Lady.

Wow. Sewing machine rage!

thepolyparrot 03-14-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Wow. Sewing machine rage!

No kidding! :shock: :lol:

It's hard to determine a value. Around here, I've seen 15-91's sit on craigslist for a long time at really low prices.

I bought a near perfect 15-91 in a model 42 art deco cabinet full of accessories and attachments and even the little inkwell and the bench for $125. I bought a 15-90 in an identical cabinet (also stuffed, but missing the bench) last year for $125-150 - can't remember for sure. Then a couple of months ago, I bought another 15-91 in a slightly different style and a few years younger for $100.

All three of them required new or re-wired motors and electrical components ($50-100 each) and a lot of elbow grease to get them clean and smooth-running, again.

Nanny J 03-14-2011 07:01 AM

I bought mine for $75.00. It came with a bench that has a padded seat that you can remove and store the machine accessories in. Ill have to think of a name for mine too!

AngieS 05-07-2011 09:53 AM

My Dad finds them for $10-$25 all the time he said! I was in shock! These are very beautiful machines. He said he's never paid over $25 for a machine and has bought at least 6 of them all different types, in cabinets or in the cases. He said he finds the one in the cabinets cheaper usually. Who would have thought. I told him to CALL ME next time he finds some. ;)

AngieS 05-07-2011 09:54 AM

NannyJ by the way that machine is so pretty. Looks like one my parents have that they want to send to my house! :)