Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   1st non quilting day in a week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/1st-non-quilting-day-week-t114894.html)

pamkasperi 04-09-2011 08:00 PM

I've been on QB so that counts for something. Lets see we have had no internet service for 40 plus hours.....twins had a school bus from another county run into them in the school parking lot.....one twin hit another car today....I had the bright idea that 4 raffle quilts would be a great idea and I did 4 of them in one week....1 soccer playoff game 180 miles from home....another soccer playoff game at home but in the blazing heat Friday (boo hoo we lost)...and 9 hours at the soccer field today and a sun burn to show for it....

my family was completely amazed I didn't even turn on my machines today!

glenda5253 04-09-2011 08:05 PM

Girl you make me tired just reading all this!

Astramorgaine 04-09-2011 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by glenda5253

Me too! :)

pamkasperi 04-09-2011 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Astramorgaine

Originally Posted by glenda5253

Me too! :)

I'm exhausted - I thought it was hard having 5 kids in 6 years! So at one point I had a 5 year old; twin 4 year olds; a 2.5 year old and a newborn - somedays - that seems so much easier than 4 teenagers and 1 in college!

2 accidents in 2 days - I swear - I told them you don't get a new car by dinging and denting it a little at a time you just raise my insurance rates!

Painiacs 04-09-2011 08:18 PM

Lol. Have a drink ! Or a soothing cup of cocoa! I'd say take a bubble bath but kids never leave u alone then. !!

Murphy 04-09-2011 09:04 PM

Exhausted (laughter). You put me to shame with your energy and output; I need to get busier (smile). Thank you for sharing.

Jingle 04-09-2011 09:30 PM

Being younger than some of us really explains the higher energy level. Twenty years ago I had lots more energy than I do now.

TonnieLoree 04-10-2011 03:11 AM

I didn't turn my machine on at all yesterday. I spent it with my family. I did take over some fabric to Mom's and used her huge kitchen table to cut down a piece of fabric to use for the backing for a UFO that has been relegated up on the priority list. So, I have one under the needle in the machine to finish, another one to take to the library tables to pin baste and two more completed tops stacked on the couch which my cat has decided are her new bed. It's fun though! I think somewhere in my mind is that DWR from McCalls.com that I spoke of last weekend.

quiltmaker 04-10-2011 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle
Being younger than some of us really explains the higher energy level. Twenty years ago I had lots more energy than I do now.

That's what I tell myself also.....and it is true. :-D

pamkasperi 04-10-2011 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle

I keep reminding myself that 43 is young - my kids keep reminding me that 43 is old!

I guess that is why they call it middle age?

Sometimes I feel like the 14 or 15 year old - not old enough to drive or date but not young enough to go play hopscotch or something with the other kids....

I'm too old do be asked to go out dancing and partying and too young to get the Denny's special!!!