Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2 quilts for ONE king sized bed ??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2-quilts-one-king-sized-bed-t271097.html)

miz mary 10-15-2015 04:10 AM

2 quilts for ONE king sized bed ???

I have a king sized bed, was going to make a new quilt for it .... decided hubby & I need our own quilts since we like different warmths sleeping ....... now I dont know what size to make each quilt so it looks ok when I make the bed !!!! Any thoughts ?? :shock:

I have 3 grey patterned fabrics and white ..... any QUILT AS YOU GO patterns you can suggest ?!?

THANK YOU !!!!!

toverly 10-15-2015 04:31 AM

DH and I sleep at different temperatures also. What I do is I take the quilt, he takes the sheet and I only put them together when I make up the bed. What you might possibly do is make one for the overall bed then make a separate one for the foot of the bed folded. If you wanted 2, you might make 2 twins.

JustAbitCrazy 10-15-2015 04:33 AM

Or you can put him on the couch, lol.

alleyoop1 10-15-2015 04:59 AM

Why not use 2 different types of batting in your quilt. One light and one heavy.

ManiacQuilter2 10-15-2015 05:29 AM

I have never seen two quilts on a king size bed.

RST 10-15-2015 07:17 AM

What works for us is to have a large puffy comforter in a duvet which we purchased from Ikea that covers the entire bed and looks tidy. I have 2 square quilts which I layer on top of that, one set on point. It looks pretty when made up, is actually very fast to make the bed (we don't use a top sheet since the duvet is regularly washed) and gives us each the degree of warmth we want in our own quilt.

tessagin 10-15-2015 07:48 AM

Same here!!!

Originally Posted by toverly (Post 7345869)
DH and I sleep at different temperatures also. What I do is I take the quilt, he takes the sheet and I only put them together when I make up the bed. What you might possibly do is make one for the overall bed then make a separate one for the foot of the bed folded. If you wanted 2, you might make 2 twins.

luvspaper 10-15-2015 09:41 AM

I've always had a throw/twin sized quilt on top of all the other layers on the other side of our King-sized bed. Right now, we have a sheet, a blanket, a K-sized quilt and on my side the extra. Sometimes before we put on the blanket DH would also put a throw quilt on his side. The two smaller quilts don't match the King-sized and get folded up during the day most of the time.

bearisgray 10-15-2015 09:46 AM

I think - as others have suggested - have a big comforter/quilt/spread that covers the whole mattress - and then cover your side of the bed with an extra cover/blanket/quilt.

If you want it to look tidier during the day - just fold up the part that covers your side of the bed.

RST 10-15-2015 10:23 AM

A different approach that we considered -- have two matching twin or double duvet-covered comforters, one for each side of the bed with the prefered warmth of comforter , then a more decorative quilt on top, either on point or centered.