Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2010 Sentimental Journey BOM - need help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2010-sentimental-journey-bom-need-help-t219272.html)

DawnLC 04-16-2013 07:35 AM

2010 Sentimental Journey BOM - need help

I have all 12 blocks completed of this BOM, however the remaining instructions for the borders (size etc) & corners are missing and have never been added. I'm a novice quilter, I do know other quilters who have finished this project, I'm waiting patiently for their instructions. However if anyone on here has completed this project could you kindly forward the information I require to finish this project off. I'd like to have the top completed by the end of the week, if possible.
thank you so much
Dawn

pocoellie 04-16-2013 08:06 AM

I haven't completed the blocks, actually haven't even started them but I have all the blocks in my to do file, and I went to her web site and from what it looks like, she never gave the instructions for the border, but looking at the pictures of the completed quilt, it should be fairly easy to "wing" it so you can complete your quilt.

willferg 04-17-2013 06:15 AM

Maybe email the author/designer? There's a link to her email near the bottom of the page.

I agree, it's frustrating to not get all the info!

SunQuilts 04-17-2013 08:55 AM

I have the block directions too (haven't even started!) but no borders, etc. I did try to contact the designer but got no response. I am glad to hear at least I didn't just miss the directions but instead they were never posted. And I agree with pocoellie, I think I can figure out what I need. It is a pretty quilt.

susie-susie-susie 04-17-2013 02:52 PM

I also have the block patterns, but no finishing directions. I think it won't be too hard the make the borders without the patterns. At the time I sent an eMail with no response, and spent a couple of years checking back with no pattern ever posted. It looks like the designer (forgot her name) just abandoned the site. It certainly is frustrating, but not impossible. Good luck finishing your quilt. This experience has taught me to get all the directions before starting the quilt.
Sue

SewD 05-02-2013 03:27 PM

Have you ever received the instructions yet? If so, any chance you'd care to share? I too am wishing to finished this project? Any help is greatly appreciated, D

DawnLC 05-04-2013 09:39 AM

hey folks did some searching on this site and through some friends this is what I have found.

Counted up the sashings that go between the blocks, I got 31 strips @ 2.5" wide with 1/4" inseam, length will depend on the size of your block once you've squared it up.
You will need to cut 20 of colour B @ 2.5" square to put at the end of the sashings.

I'm guessing these are the blocks for the four corners of the borders.

Corner pieced blocks for border (6 1/2" squares)
4 brown and cream 6.5" blocks:
4 cream 2.5" squares
16 cream triangles made from one diagonal cut of eight 2 7/8" squares
16 brown triangles made from one diagonal cut of eight 2 7/8" squares

4 brown check and cream 6.5" blocks:
4 cream 2.5" squares
16 cream triangles made from one diagonal cut of eight 2 7/8" squares
16 brown check triangles made from one diagonal cut of eight 2 7/8" squares

copied these 6.5" blocks from a chat I found on this blog site. Where the finished blocks are to be 6.5" then the borders should be 7" wide to allow for the 1/4" seams.

I'm really hoping this will work out - best of luck everyone. I'm going to start cutting these measurements out today

SewD 05-05-2013 04:17 PM

Dawn,
Thanks so much for your help here. Be sure to let us all know how it works out for you. I'm going to be trying it soon as well. I'd love to see a picture of the finished product.

Dee