Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 Quilting Goals (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-quilting-goals-t209391.html)

FabricHeaven 12-28-2012 04:59 PM

I have been quilting for about a year now. I work with a wonderful group of women and we make quilts for Project Linus as well as for our friends and family members. With each little quilt I make I use a new pattern and have a goal of something I want to learn. My next goal is to learn how to make multiple mitered borders. Really admire all of you and your fabulous quilting skills. After that, my next goal is to use a pattern that puts blocks on point. (Did I spell this correctly?).

sewdamncute 12-28-2012 06:31 PM

Wow Dotty that is a wonderful quilt..I may have to try to do that...I bought all the fabric I need to do sylvia's bridal sampler at least two years ago...I should probably do that first!

Jingle 12-28-2012 06:53 PM

I have no exact goals for 2013. I am working on my 17th quilt for 2012 and I want to make at least that many in 2013. I am trying to use up some of my huge stash.

Good luck to everyone and I hope all of you achieve your goals.

Pattycakes 12-28-2012 08:49 PM

This a totally awesome idea

My goals for 2013 are:
1. Finish a ufo each month
2. Get a computerized sewing machine and give my old one to my grandaughter
3. Teach myself to FMQ
4. Make a quilt for me!

I've been quilting for 10 years and have never made anything for myself. I think I am overdue.
Good luck to all.

Pilgrim 12-28-2012 09:26 PM

I will buy no NEW fabric. Crap! I just blew that one. I will finish all UFO's. Crap, I'm 62 have to live to 100 to do that. I will learn how to run my long arm machine. Double crap! It's been up for 2 years and haven't figured it out yet. I promised husband I will get going on it by 2013 or he says, move it OUT. I seriously do want to cut back on buying so much fabric. I do want to finish at least one UFO, which are quilt tops, per month. I want to really learn how to run my mid arm and enjoy my FMQ even more. I do have to clean up one of my sewing fabric room as it got pretty nasty over the holidays. I need to make sure I do housekeeping at least a couple hours a day instead of sewing from dawn to late at night. It's a great thought and will TRY to do it. Wish me luck.

Ruby the Quilter 12-28-2012 09:38 PM

My 2013 quilting goals:

Finish my 3 ufos
Complete each quilt I start
Make 3 small memory quilts for my friend
Really organize and clean out my sewing room
Check out a guild

BeverlyJo 12-29-2012 06:02 AM

I would like to get caught up on three BOM projects I have started. Complete one UFO each month and organize my sewing room. Also, I would like to complete a baby quilt before August for my first grandchild!

Mkotch 12-29-2012 06:30 AM

I need to clean the closet in my quilting room. I can't stuff another thing in, especially on the floor. It's full of tidbits of batting, stuffing, scraps too small to use. Also boxes of family photos. Good to hear aobut others' plans.

hcarpanini 12-29-2012 06:39 AM

I like your goal list. May I borrow it? HaHa!

Beehiveof9 12-29-2012 07:00 AM

Nice thread!

My goals... and loft they are! LOL

1. Finish twin sized quilt for my 4 yo son (in progress)

2. Do the 2013 Mystery Quilt on Jan. 1st with my dd (looking forward to that!)

3. finish the throw for the back of our couch (top is finished)

4. Finish the throw for the back of the rocking chair (almost done piecing it... used leftovers from #3)

5. Make baby quilt for my new nephew (born mid-December)

6. Make a cuddle quilt from a panel I got before the holidays

7. Make a throw quilt for each of dh's and mine siblings for family gifts for Christmas next year (6 total)

8. Finish piecing the fancy quilt for our bed and decide how to quilt it ... machine or by hand????

9. Finish a Christmas quilt I made a couple of years ago, and never sandwiched and quilted. Hopefully that will be done in time to display by next Christmas.

Is that a crazy enough list for you? did I mention I have 7 children, homeschool, and my dh is the pastor of our church and I'm the pianist? Talk about unrealistic lists! LOL