Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2013-ufo-challenge-month-t210452.html)

dublb 02-19-2013 07:16 AM

Oh Jacki - I just love how the black makes your blocks sing. Any child will love this quilt!!!

wildyard 02-19-2013 08:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am finally joining the rows with sashing. Trying something a little different this time, and only sashing the tops and bottoms to make the rows come out equally in ht. Here are a couple photos of the first two rows of the king size tshirt quilt that has been my nemesis since last spring!! Smilessss.........and huggggggs.......[ATTACH=CONFIG]396252[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396253[/ATTACH]

carriem 02-19-2013 09:56 AM

wildyard--that is one big quilt! I like your stripe sashing choice....amazing how you have it lined up!

Jacki 02-19-2013 11:30 AM

You are all so nice to me! Thank you. It's really encouraging. Regards Jacki

QuilterMomma 02-19-2013 11:55 AM

That scrap quilt is nice. i like it. Makes for a great way to use up those scraps and orphan blocks. Hmmmm, thinking here.

Fraew 02-19-2013 12:16 PM

Wildyard do you have a love / hate relationship going with that UFO? I think you are starting to win! Keep it up. :thumbup:

Fraew 02-19-2013 12:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok task masters...what's on the list?

Next up is a fabulous applique quilt made and quilted by QuilterMomma. I picked it up from her last year (1 less UFO for her, 1 more for me...as if I didn't have enough already).

Yes ladies, it's even more stunning in person! I wanted something burgundy to bind with, but it needed blue in it to complement the back. The blue is perfect! The burgundy is more red but I think it will work for a 1/4" binding. I plan to get it bound and call it finished for March.

mom-6 02-19-2013 04:36 PM

Fraew - definitely like the red for the binding.

Well looks like I'm not going to have any actual finishes this month, but I feel really good about the progress I've made on getting several projects from one division of the UFO pile to the next. Only have one set of blocks left that don't have sashing and that is the group that I was planning to try learning how to do QAYG! Of course I now have a larger stack of tops that haven't been sandwiched or quilted. LOL!

dublb 02-19-2013 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6 (Post 5873663)
Fraew - definitely like the red for the binding.

Well looks like I'm not going to have any actual finishes this month, but I feel really good about the progress I've made on getting several projects from one division of the UFO pile to the next. Only have one set of blocks left that don't have sashing and that is the group that I was planning to try learning how to do QAYG! Of course I now have a larger stack of tops that haven't been sandwiched or quilted. LOL!

One step at a time & you'll get there soon enough!

SandyinZ4 02-20-2013 04:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my scrappy pinwheel quilt. I have been working on it since 2009. Just got it back from the LAQ two days ago; have binding cut out and just need to trim edges and get it sewn on. These are my colors...wild! Will also attach a picture of the backing. It came out nice, too. By next week, I should have it mark as "finished!