Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   4.5" Unfinished Blocks On Point Need Help Learning How to Piece (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/4-5-unfinished-blocks-point-need-help-learning-how-piece-t256715.html)

onaemtnest 11-13-2014 02:58 PM

Oh thank-you everyone for encouragement and the links.

The link Auntpiggylpn you sent to the Quiltbug site that showed the diagram really helped me as I'm so visually dependent! By George I think I got it!!! I can see that the design wall is absolutely going to be the light bulb moment in seeing how this is done! Making the side setting triangles for each row and corner triangles then arranging them on the design wall....dah!

Lynnie ~ You so hit the nail on the head...thinking outside the box is really hard for me... you get me :0)

GrannieAnnie and Maniacquilter2...You are absolutely right looking at it from a different angle makes sense and I can see it visually that way.

Thanks to the two Barb's also...

(((HUGS))) To All

sewingsuz 11-13-2014 07:35 PM

I made my first on point quilt this year and found this help Quiltville.com Putting it "ON-Point"!! I hope you can fine it. It is figuring the math for diagonal quilt setting. It is 4 pages and I could not have done my quilt without.

Barb in Louisiana 11-13-2014 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I worked the quilt up in EQ using 4 inch blocks for the hearts with a 1 inch sashing. Cute quilt. Excuse the lack of colors...I just got lazy.

cathyvv 11-13-2014 09:28 PM

This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe I'll even try an en point quilt next year!

GrannieAnnie 11-13-2014 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana (Post 6967928)
I worked the quilt up in EQ using 4 inch blocks for the hearts with a 1 inch sashing. Cute quilt. Excuse the lack of colors...I just got lazy.

ah, hah! A pieced heart! love them

Barb in Louisiana 11-14-2014 07:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, my creative juices are a flowing. I got to thinking about actually doing the heart quilt as a heart filled with hearts. How do you like this? Strips could be used to build it out to the width and length you want it to finish. This one finishes at about 58 inches.

Barb in Louisiana 11-14-2014 07:10 AM

Once again, I got lazy and just colored all the blocks in with black that I didn't want color in. I would never make it with all those little squares and rectangles. It would be larger strips and setting triangles. Hope I didn't confuse anyone.

onaemtnest 11-14-2014 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana (Post 6968298)
Well, my creative juices are a flowing. I got to thinking about actually doing the heart quilt as a heart filled with hearts. How do you like this? Strips could be used to build it out to the width and length you want it to finish. This one finishes at about 58 inches.

WOW!!!! This is GREAT!

Dina 11-14-2014 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana (Post 6968298)

I agree! This is great. I really hate sewing blocks together on point, though I can do it. It may be worth it to have this cutie!!

Dina