Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   4 day retreat! Here I come! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/4-day-retreat-here-i-come-t226282.html)

JanTx 07-21-2013 09:29 PM

4 day retreat! Here I come!

1 Attachment(s)
I feel like I'm packed for a 30-day trek into the wilderness. Nope - just a 4-day retreat. I have 7 sets with all pieces cut out and ready to sew for various projects. I have another cut out, but just don't see any way I can get to that many. The first four I plan to do are works in progress, then I have 3 that are ready to start sewing for Christmas gifts. I'm taking some batting, but don't know that I'll make it that far. Hard to know, isn't it? I'm riding with someone else or I'd just throw it all in. The best thing is the retreat center is just about 20 minutes away. It starts Monday at 9 AM and will end around 3 on Thursday. I've looked forward to this for MONTHS. On Monday afternoon we'll come back near my house for a shopping spree at the quilt shop that sponsors the retreat - and get a 25% discount on the total purchase. Whoo-hoo! I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. I'll use that to get backing for some of these projects. Can't afford to get much new - because I paid for the retreat! :)

DOTTYMO 07-21-2013 10:07 PM

Oh the excitement before you go is wonderful. I love going on retreats but at present one of my dogs can't go into kennels a skin complaint which does not pass on but kennels will not have her.
I loved walking around and seeing other people's projects as well as getting zillion tips.

Have a fantastic time and just think no washing or cooking. Just sewing sewing and sewing.

Ps just editing because in all those babes where are your clothes?...

JanTx 07-21-2013 10:29 PM

LOL - my clothes are in a suitcase in another room. I got the important things ready first, right?
My husband will man the home front and take care of the livestock - that's 2 geriatric dogs and 2 cats. He'll also have our 6-year-old grandson during the day. He will be VERY glad to see me on Thursday.

I'm sorry about your dog - we have a friend who keeps ours, but they are getting harder to send on sleep-overs. One is 15 and the other 13 and they are showing their age.

alikat110 07-22-2013 03:36 AM

Have a great time. Jealous here cause I'm heading to work!

AudreyB 07-22-2013 04:13 AM

Four day retreat...how wonderful. You'll have a great time. Enjoy!

#1piecemaker 07-22-2013 04:16 AM

Have fun!!!!!! I've never been to a Retreat. But, lots of my friends have and they love it!! Let us know how it was when you get back!!

BellaBoo 07-22-2013 04:22 AM

I love retreats! You'll have a great time. My guild has two retreats a year. And the guild pays for it! All our fundraising goes to fund the retreats.

Chester the bunny 07-22-2013 06:25 AM

I LOVE retreats!!
I go twice a year and bring many precut projects. Nothing that demands too much attention because we do as much gabbing and laughing as we do sewing. These are overnight retreats and the sewing room is active from 4:00AM well in the wee hours of the morning ( some early risers and some night owls )
They feed us, we go for walks, we sew in our pyjamas..........
Have fun Jan!!!!

klgls 07-22-2013 06:47 AM

How fun!!! Looks like you are armed and ready!!

mighty 07-22-2013 07:38 AM

Sounds like such a good time, enjoy!!!!