Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   4th july sewing day for me, what about you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/4th-july-sewing-day-me-what-about-you-t193296.html)

Sadiemae 07-01-2012 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5331346)
I miss those. My dog doesn't like fireworks either but we'll hear plenty of them all week long in the area. I remember having fun when I was younger doing fireworks so I won't complain like a an old biddy about them now even though I may want to.

I don't consider myself an old Biddy.lol I just think enough is enough, and the fireworks they are shooting off right now are illegal.

carla m 07-02-2012 03:48 AM

im sewing as well we have a group lined up to sew and the men are cooking and at supper time we eat. it will be a nice midweek break i have a baby quilt to bind. i was lazy and didnt get it done yesterday i finished up another baby quilt and started a lap quilt though.
carla m

Blackberry 07-02-2012 04:17 AM

We will be watching 3 grandkids, taking them to the fireworks stands, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows (yes, I know it is HOT, but they love doing that) then watching the neighborhood fire works display and finally inside to bed. I am 72 years old with RA so I will be majorily tired by 10:30 or so. Hopefully their dad won't be too late in picking them up.

DawnA 07-02-2012 05:23 AM

I probably wont be sewing as we are going to my MIL's. The good thing is she is a sewer! I have a list of questions for her since I am learning to sew on m own. Debating on if I should take my machine along, but DH says to take some time away. Feels like cutting of my arm but I'll give it a shot. lol

Sewnoma 07-02-2012 06:13 AM

It's a quilting day for me, too! I just spent all weekend rearranging furniture to accomodate my new sewing table (which isn't working out as well as I'd hoped - argh!!) so I'm feeling a little bit of withdrawals. I feel like my machine is pouting - I haven't touched it in a week except to move it! I promised her we'd spend some quality time together on Wednesday to make up for it! LOL

patski 07-02-2012 06:14 AM

I am going to make a quilt for the wounded warriors! Seems fitting for the 4th, I'm in Miami and its' hot and sticky here! I don't want to be out during the day either

Nanaquilts44 07-02-2012 06:55 AM

I will be sewing and trying to keep my dogs calm while the fireworks go off.

sewmary 07-02-2012 07:59 AM

The 4th of July here is a BIG DEAL. It was voted one of the 10 best celebrations in the U.S. (Racine, WI - check it out!)

The Pre-Parade rolls at 8:00 and then the Parade starts at 9:00. Depending upon where you sit, it ends between 11:00 and 1:00. Tens of thousands watch.

Afternoon is time for cookouts and swimming, this year at my sister's who has a pool. Many public areas have a ban on charcoal grills - just gas allowed. Or Summerfest in Milwaukee. Or the carnival set up at the mall.

Evening brings the fireworks. They will go on as usual because they are set off over the lake (Lake Michigan).

Outside of Christmas, this is my favorite holiday. No time to sew!

elizajo 07-02-2012 12:30 PM

I'll be working on two baby quilts and DH will be grilling for our daughter and I. No extended family get-togethers this year because of work and travel.

Cindy60545 07-03-2012 02:59 AM

oh, I'll definitely be in my studio! I've got several UFO's that need finished up. I hope to get the POW/MIA quilt off the wall by this weekend. Won't have it quilted, but have the top done.