Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   80% off Joann's Coupon! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/80%25-off-joanns-coupon-t59192.html)

Janetlmt 08-13-2010 07:58 AM

I didn't even notice a scratch off...here goes...I am getting ready to find my surprise!...gezzzz..it better be a good one..I spend a lot of $$$$ there...
BUMMERS...40%...now I will do my mothers...
Peace and Blessings

quiltilicious 08-13-2010 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by mlaceruby
I have an accuquilt studio cutter so would not buy the GO! anyway.
but the small print on this coupon says no accuquilt or cricut products
it also says no patterns??? I wonder why? such a low priced item to exclude

Probably because of the distribution deal with the pattern makers. They probably have a minimum price they can't sell below.

quilterguy27 08-13-2010 08:07 AM

WAAAAA! I didn't get a scratch off one. I got one, but it's only for 20%. For that I will probably just pitch it and wait for a 40% or 50% one. Or, maybe mine just hasn't come in the mail yet. I can hope. It will probably be like the lottery or something. My ship will come in and I will be at the train station. That would be my luck, LOL! Not sure what I'd get if I had an 80% off coupon. I'd have to go there and spend the day browsing thru everything to find just the right thing with calculator in tow. Enjoy and get something good. Can't wait to hear what.

HeatherQuilts 08-13-2010 08:21 AM

Ok my flyer came yesterday and on the back it has a scratch off
sticker for a % off next weekend.
well mine is 80%!!!
now what should I get???
suggestions are welcomed!

80% ?!?!?!?!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: WOW!!!!
Carefully read the fine print. What dates is it good for? You would have to watch the ad carefully, since you can't use a coupon on something that is on sale. The coupons almost always exclude the big items, like Accuquilt and sewing machines.
Good for you! I can't wait to see what you got!
I hope I get a good coupon in my flier!

HeatherQuilts 08-13-2010 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
WAAAAA! I didn't get a scratch off one. I got one, but it's only for 20%. For that I will probably just pitch it and wait for a 40% or 50% one. Or, maybe mine just hasn't come in the mail yet. I can hope. It will probably be like the lottery or something. My ship will come in and I will be at the train station. That would be my luck, LOL! Not sure what I'd get if I had an 80% off coupon. I'd have to go there and spend the day browsing thru everything to find just the right thing with calculator in tow. Enjoy and get something good. Can't wait to hear what.

Is it for 20% your whole order? If so, that's a good deal, you can usually use those on things that are on sale, unless it says otherwise. I'd take a closer look! :D

HeatherQuilts 08-13-2010 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by quiltilicious

I have an accuquilt studio cutter so would not buy the GO! anyway.
but the small print on this coupon says no accuquilt or cricut products
it also says no patterns??? I wonder why? such a low priced item to exclude

Probably because of the distribution deal with the pattern makers. They probably have a minimum price they can't sell below.

Also, the patterns are usually on sale, for 10% off the publishers price (like the magazines), so you couldn't use a coupon anyways. :-(

Jamiestitcher62 08-13-2010 08:25 AM

Joann's starting to get to me, because those coupons are for regular priced stuff. Then they put everything on sale and the coupons become useless. Although I did get the huge cutting mat for next to nothing and I got one of those turntable Olfa mats which run about $70 at 40% off once.

BarbaraTX 08-13-2010 08:26 AM

How lucky! Mine was 50% off.

HeatherQuilts 08-13-2010 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by true4uca
I will be going to Yuma this coming winter for several months. How do I get a Joann's coupon.
Trudy

You can sign up to get their fliers sent to your home on their website.

jbud2 08-13-2010 08:33 AM

Mine is only 40% also. Someone suggestd Ott lights - they are on sale. I didn't read the coupon closely - can it be used on sale merchandise? They always seem to me!!