Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ? About ten minute table runner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/about-ten-minute-table-runner-t232335.html)

Dollyo 10-14-2013 05:47 AM

I've made 3 of them last week. I didn't like the idea of them not having something in them, so I used felt. I've been using felt for signature wallhangings, easier to write on. I cut the felt to match the runner, including the pointed ends. I also used adhesive spray to hold it in place. I SITD down the sides of the runner and edge stitch the ends. Then I stitched around some motifs in the fabric. Takes about 5-10 minutes to do the additional work, so it's a 15-20 minute table runner, not a 10. Worth it to me.

Teri D 10-14-2013 06:14 AM

I use the "partial" method described by several others and fusible Pellon fleece. I sew the 12" and 18" together, lay it out and mark where it's turned to make the pointy end. The fusible is then cut to that size ( and comes to a point on each end) and is fused on. It was too "loosy goosy" for me without the batting.

WMUTeach 10-14-2013 06:33 AM

Yes, and it work beautifully. Just a little meandering quilting or other simple quilting and Ta-Da ready to go.

chris_quilts 10-14-2013 09:34 AM

I have used fleece before for the batting as well as regular batting but I like to quilt mine so batting is necessary. I make them as gifts mostly and feel they need some quilting to make them a quilty gift for friends who know I quilt. Hadn't thought about fusible batting but I use up pieces of batting inside them.

Sandrea 10-15-2013 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by lclang (Post 6348130)
I've made several of those and didn't think they needed batting. Maybe a quick press after laundering.

I've done several the same way as this post from Iclang, and they always lay nice and flat on the table.

oneteappot 10-15-2013 01:36 PM

Here's mine

2 Attachment(s)
I finished table runner this afternoon. Hoping the photos show up Ok. This is new to me!
Thanks for all the suggestions for putting batting in. I ended up putting Warm and natural in it.
Laurel

oneteappot 10-15-2013 01:37 PM

Except for being upside down. I think I did pretty good posting the photos.
laurel

thimblebug6000 10-16-2013 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by oneteappot (Post 6350795)
Except for being upside down. I think I did pretty good posting the photos.
laurel

Yes you did, congrats! Love your version with those fabrics.

Belfrybat 10-16-2013 03:48 PM

Yours is very nice. I've put batting in mine. Just sew the two pieces together and cut the batting to size and slide it in. I end the batting at the place where the ends fold in since I don't feel those need batting. I've also used flannel. It makes it a bit more substantial, especially when given as a gift.

Pat G 11-08-2013 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by oneteappot (Post 6345917)
Has anyone put batting into the runner? If so, how did you go about it? I need to make a quick one before the weekend!

I found I like to put batting in the body of the runner but not those points you fold over. They were too bulky for me.