Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accu Quilt Dies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accu-quilt-dies-t188112.html)

bondinbarrie 05-05-2012 07:33 AM

Accu Quilt Dies

I have recently purchased na Accu Quilt Go and would like to buy more dies. Since they are so expensive, I was wondering which dies would be most used. I was told by a friend that a strip die would be most versatile. What size would be best? Thanks for the advice.

bondinbarrie

luvTooQuilt 05-05-2012 10:30 AM

I buy them on amazon, from Fabric hut and Accuquilt.. On sale they arent that bad..

My favorites are:
2x2
2.5x2.5
Brick (3.5x6.5)
Rags- ALL
Tumbler- large and small
Hexagon- 9 in
and ALL the designers ones that i refuse to cut by hand, like DWR...

I have most dies, some I use more than others and some I used once or not at all yet..
I suggest you buy mats, lots of them. .IMHO they are disposable.. I go thru them very quickly with lots of hours and hours of use..

serenitybygrace 05-05-2012 04:15 PM

I have found quite a few Accuquilt dies on sale on various web sites. Look around the net for dies you are looking for and compare prices. Watch Craigslist and other places like that. I was able to buy several very gently used/new dies from a fellow board member who lives in this area for very good prices.

BellaBoo 05-05-2012 05:07 PM

I have about all the Go dies. I buy most from the Accuquilt site or Amazon. I use the basic shape dies more then the specialized die shapes. Right now I'm using the small rag die a lot.

SewCalGal 05-07-2012 04:31 PM

I recommend newbies look at the quilt designs on the AccuQuilt and get a feeling of which designs (eg. traditional blocks, applique') that they are most inspired to make. Then, start buying those. What might be a good die with one may not be for another.
I have enjoyed the dies that make a variety of 12" blocks, as well as a number of applique' designs.

SewCalGal

romanojg 05-08-2012 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by SewCalGal (Post 5200812)
I recommend newbies look at the quilt designs on the AccuQuilt and get a feeling of which designs (eg. traditional blocks, applique') that they are most inspired to make. Then, start buying those. What might be a good die with one may not be for another.
I have enjoyed the dies that make a variety of 12" blocks, as well as a number of applique' designs.

SewCalGal

I totally agree as with most things in life we all have a different style of doing things so our tools will be different to help us achieve. My first die that I bought was te rag quilter and I love it. Have you all seen the new dies, they finally got smart and made them two tone. You can now very easily, without using your sharpie on them see where the shapes are. Go to Accuquilt's web site and look at a lot of pretty patterns and also to see the new dies.

gkarlotta 07-25-2012 08:43 AM

I buy mine on ebay. I have gotten good deals. Look for ones with free shipping.

gkarlotta 07-25-2012 08:44 AM

Any one have free patterns for the Accuquilt that they could post?

BellaBoo 07-25-2012 08:48 AM

There are lots of free patterns on the Accuquilt web site.

nygal 07-25-2012 09:15 AM

I only recently heard about this cutting machine. I am trying to decide if I want one or not. I hate the idea of all the wasted fabric. Sounds like a lot of you are enjoying your machines.