Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   accuquilt electric fabric cutter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-electric-fabric-cutter-t284640.html)

yellowwroses 12-22-2016 06:50 AM

accuquilt electric fabric cutter

do to some major surgeries am thinking of buying this cutter. At present have the go big. Strength not there anymore in arms. Do any of you have this cutter and what do you think of it? Thank you for your help.
Judy

Onebyone 12-22-2016 07:17 AM

At present have the go big.
The Go Big is the electric cutter. Is this the one have now?

ScubaK 12-22-2016 07:21 AM

I originally bought the Go when it came out and I loved it.
Last year I got the Go BIG electronic one and I love it more. Just like that, my fabric is cut out. Now they have more size choices in dies.
I don't find the dies a problem, just like buying specialty rulers. I use all of the dies.
Go for it...
Fabric wasting is NOT an issue because you just place your fabric on shapes you want and need.
Kirsten

Geri B 12-22-2016 07:24 AM

It is a big decision to make and a goodly amount of money to invest. You must decide, if your strength problem might also interfere with folding, handling the fabric/dies and whether you have the arm strength to actually piece on the sewing machine too. All those activities involve shoulder/muscle use. I'm not trying to put a downer on your situation, just expanding the scenario. Also, because the GO BIG, (electric one) is big and heavy, I think it's better in a dedicated "spot"--- I may be wrong, as I have just the GO. Will the physical limitations improve over time?

gshalom 12-22-2016 08:32 AM

Had the Go and got the Go Big when it came out. Rarely use the Go anymore especially when i need to cut a lot of strips or triangles.....the Go Big is quick and easy and once you learn how to cut the fabric to place on the dies i waste much less than when I used to cut these myself. I don't use any specialty dies though, just strips, squares and triangles......

Jane Quilter 12-22-2016 08:37 AM

I love my go big.....I don't use the hand cranks anymore.

Onebyone 12-22-2016 10:35 AM

I am saving the Go Big for when I may become physically unable to use the crank Go. I have one but rarely use it except for when I want to use the larger dies. I hope when I need it there will be even better machine to cut fabric. LOL

notmorecraft 12-22-2016 10:59 AM

I bought the big and I love it, I have a space in my sewing room and I unfold it when I want to use it. I sold my Go soon after I bought the big.

rusty quilter 12-22-2016 12:00 PM

Actually, the Go Big is a whole lot easier on your shoulder and arm. The biggest problem I find is the cost of the dies. It would be great to find someone close you could "swap" with and share them. My sister bought the Go Big, I bought the 12 inch "cube" to go with it.

CarolinePaj 12-22-2016 05:44 PM

Have both the Go and the Go Big and love them both..... But the go big is fabulous. Cut a whole queen size log cabin from scraps in about an hour.... Would have been quicker if I didn't have to sort out the scraps. Haven't used the Go since I bought the Go Big.

Hugs

Caroline