Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Go Dies. I want to do a Storm at Sea quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-dies-i-want-do-storm-sea-quilt-t222666.html)

hudgoddess 05-31-2013 07:24 AM

Accuquilt Go Dies. I want to do a Storm at Sea quilt

I got my new accuquilt Go for my birthday last month. It'll get plenty of use as soon as we move and get settled in to our new place cutting down the scraps into HST for my first scrappy. But I want to do a Storm at Sea one day soon and it seems like for the Go model, I'll have to piece triangles into diamonds. They have a 6 1/2" diamond for the studio model, but not for the Go. What am I going to do? Any suggestions? PLEASE don't use ugly words like "Template" in your responses! :)

StephT 05-31-2013 07:28 AM

I can cut them out with my Pazzles...hehehe Love my cutter.

I have a Big Shots..I have been wondering if the GO dies fit. Sorry no help am I huh hahahaha

Peckish 05-31-2013 07:46 AM

There are some dies that will work across different brands. If you join the Yahoo group pinsandneedles1, you will find tons of info there about all dies. The owner/grand poobah, Kathy, owns every die-cutting system on the market and has a wealth of info about which dies can be used with which systems.

Tartan 05-31-2013 07:46 AM

I won't use that dreaded word but have you thought about paper piecing? Someone posted a link on QB for free paper piecing printout at one time.

DebraK 05-31-2013 07:51 AM

There's the old fashion way with a rotary cutter and ruler ;-)

hudgoddess 05-31-2013 07:52 AM

Thanks Peggi! Checking it out now. Tartan, I'm good with paper piecing, but I wanted to use my new Go cutter! It just seems silly that they don't put together a die pack for the Storm at Sea. Guess it's just not popular enough. :(

chaskaquilter 05-31-2013 08:32 AM

I am now in the process of making a Storm at Sea using my new Accuquilt Go. I got my dies from Joanns site when they had a 40% off sale. I love it. Pieces match up so nicely. I bought the Half Square 1 1/2" finished, 55319, Half Square 3" finished triangle, 55009, Triangles in Square 3" finished, 55027, Square 3 1/2" 55006. accuquilt site has a pattern, but I am using a printed pic from google images search for my layout.

mcwillia 05-31-2013 08:37 AM

contact AccuQuilt and ask if they would consider Storm at Sea for one of their limited die sets for the Go. Every so often AccuQuilt runs a limited edition series to find out what quilters will buy. Remind them that the Studio has a 6 1/2 diamond.

Dolphyngyrl 05-31-2013 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by StephT (Post 6095692)
I can cut them out with my Pazzles...hehehe Love my cutter.

I have a Big Shots..I have been wondering if the GO dies fit. Sorry no help am I huh hahahaha

You can use all go dies in big shot pro, but only certain ones will fit the big shot because the small go dies run a little wider than big shot dies but some will fit, you can't use sizzix in the go however

hudgoddess 05-31-2013 08:39 AM

Chaska, I was hoping to get one piece for the diamond instead of having to piece two triangle for it! And their pattern uses 8 HSTs for the smaller square in square. Just have to buy another die to get a one piece square. It's just a lot of extra sewing using the dies they recommend.
It's such a versatile pattern that I'm sure once I make one, I'll have to make more!
I'll be watching for pictures of your quilt!