Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Go or Go Baby? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-go-baby-t298302.html)

Onebyone 07-17-2018 07:01 AM

The Go Baby package was and still may be on sale for $99. I would say buy both. I use the Baby for most dies when I want a few cuts. The large manual Go for serious cutting and bigger dies.

maryb44662 07-18-2018 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sheryllyn (Post 8095357)
I’m trying to decide if I should buy one or not and if so which one. Any advice would be truly appreciated. TIA!!

Being 76 years old, I wanted to get a Go-Baby and I almost went with the crank one. My girls said "mama, why not go with the electric, that crank one will work on your shoulder and arm". So I went with the electric one and love it. It is more expensive but the dies are what is so expensive with that machine. Good luck!

ILoveToQuilt 07-18-2018 11:23 AM

I have a Baby and I like it. The big drawback to the Baby is the size restriction. The maximum size you can cut is 5.5" (the mat is 6"). If you use larger size patches, then you will need to go with a regular Go, or the Go Big. I don't think I'd use a larger cutter more than I use the Baby. My best advice is to evaluate the sizes you cut most frequently (for example: 2.5" squares, 5" squares, 10" squares, etc.) then buy the machine that will handle those cuts. Good luck with your decision.

Rhonda K 07-18-2018 11:47 AM

I have the electric one and love it! Quick and fun to bust those scraps. Applique projects and patterns are endless. Many dies have machine EMB designs available too.

Schill93 07-19-2018 02:42 PM

I have both the Baby and the Go. I purchased the Baby first and after deciding I liked it, but wanted to be able to try out a few of the larger size dies, broke down and bought the Go. I don't regret buying the Baby, as I find I can cut with the smaller dies, while resting my bad back in bed and setting the Baby on a tray on my lap. I usually stick to 4 layers of fabric and don't find the crank difficult (and I am 76 yrs. old).

I reserve using the Go for when I need to use the bigger dies.

Murphy224 07-20-2018 12:18 AM

I have the Go and love it. Watch for sales on the dies. They do have sales on the Accuquilt website. I use it mainly for shapes as I can still rotary cut strips. I may not use it for months but when I want circles, stars, or the other day I needed 24 6" squares and 12 5" squares to make a fold and stitch wreath, it is outstanding to have.
I think of my Go like my big ole roasting pan that I use for Thanksgiving turkey. I may only use it a few times a year, but when I need it, thank goodness I have it.

Schill93 07-20-2018 04:23 PM

I have found that using my June Taylor Pro https://www.amazon.com/June-Tailor-2...hape+cut+prois (the one shown on Amazon doesn't have the diagonal degree lines on it. Don't know why, as these are very useful in cutting diamonds)

is as fast if not faster than using the Go for strips and squares. And therefore I prefer to use it in order to eliminate waste (fabric). I know a lot of people use them for strips and I would too, were it not for the June Taylor mentioned. I prefer the Go or Baby for triangles, especially 1/4" square triangles, tumblers, rag quilts, and if I did applique, I'm sure I would be very happy with those.

I realize that I may not get 100% accuracy on my strips and squares sometimes, but most times I do. If it were not for my "lap cutting" with my Baby (see above post), I would regret not going for the Go to begin with, as it will do a lot more. I am sure you will enjoy either one though.

hobbykat1955 07-20-2018 05:17 PM

I have the Go and Go Big...the later a recent purchase because tired of the crank and wrist issues...If your going to pay 400 on the Go I'd throw another 100 in there and get the Go Big...In fact wait for a sale like I did and got it for 450 with free Flying Geese Die and mat...I got it thru Accuquilt but Nancy Notions runs the same sale. I buy thru their site Accuquilt since they give cash points towards next purchase...