Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt Go at LQS's for rent??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-lqss-rent-t116721.html)

AliKat 04-16-2011 11:18 PM

Hi all,

Someone recently posted that their LQS rented time with the Accuquilt Go. The customer could use the store's dies but had to provide their own mats.

My friends are curious as to what the pricing for the rental is. How much $ for how much time. Also, my LQS is curious as they may want to explore this option.

Thanks in advance,
ali

Airwick156 04-17-2011 12:59 AM

There is a LQS that I was at yesterday and they have an Accuquilt that you can rent out. They actually will let you come into the store and "play" with it for free. I am thinking about going and "playing" with it. I don't remember what they said they charge but I do remember it wasn't very much. They sell them for $300. They also rent their long arm....and its one thats not computereized that shocked me. But for you to use their long arm, you have to take a class that costs $50 to get "certified" on how to use it first and then you can rent it for $65 for a full day.

CoyoteQuilts 04-17-2011 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat
Hi all,

Someone recently posted that their LQS rented time with the Accuquilt Go. The customer could use the store's dies but had to provide their own mats.

My friends are curious as to what the pricing for the rental is. How much $ for how much time. Also, my LQS is curious as they may want to explore this option.

Thanks in advance,
ali

Ali, I just received a newsletter from Sally's Fabric in Mesa. They rent their machine for $15.00 an hour for the use of their studio and dies. If you need their addy PM me.

peaceandjoy 04-17-2011 07:43 AM

One in Hammondsport has a Studio that you can join a club for. You pay $25 for 6 months, can go and use it any time there is not a class going on (it's in the classroom). That's a great deal, I think!

bakermom 04-17-2011 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat
Hi all,

Thanks in advance,
ali

that might have been my post. It was a couple years ago and i don't remember the rate now. I beleive they rented it by the day-figuring several friends would get together
and make a day of cutting.

carolaug 07-10-2011 09:41 AM

Joanns has the Accuquilt go on sale for 199.99 this week

BellaBoo 07-10-2011 10:14 AM

The Go is made more for personal cutting. I would think a shop would buy the Studio, it's more industrial strength and can take the abuse of lot of different people using it. Someone will eventually try to force the rollers of the Go to cut more at a time since they are paying for the time to use it. I let members of a class use my Go and even after I said no more then six layers at a time please, I found one know- it-all trying to cut 10 and forcing the rollers. I was very angry. I have never taken it to a class again.

romanojg 07-11-2011 12:38 PM

ours charged 20 for an hour or two and you didn't have to supply your own matt