Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   accuquilt go question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-question-t71032.html)

quilter53 10-19-2010 06:49 AM

I have ordered the "Go" and waiting patiently for it to come in. lol I was wondering how you all use the more intricate patterns such as the snowflake. It would really be hard to machine applique. Any input?

Candace 10-19-2010 06:58 AM

Intricate designs like the snowflake may be ones that you would do in a heavy fusible/no-sew and use on a wallhanging or something.

quilter53 10-19-2010 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Intricate designs like the snowflake may be ones that you would do in a heavy fusible/no-sew and use on a wallhanging or something.

That is what I was thinking.

peabee 10-19-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by quilter53
I have ordered the "Go" and waiting patiently for it to come in. lol I was wondering how you all use the more intricate patterns such as the snowflake. It would really be hard to machine applique. Any input?

i was wondering the same thing.i saw Christmas decorations i was interested in making and wondered if the accu/go had more detailed dies. my lqs has only basic shapes.

BizyStitches 10-19-2010 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by peabee

i was wondering the same thing.i saw Christmas decorations i was interested in making and wondered if the accu/go had more detailed dies. my lqs has only basic shapes.

You can go to their web site and they have the die's listed and you can see which ones are for applique and which ones are for piecing. www.accuquilt.com
Hope this helps. Jenelle who loves her GO! cutter

quilter53 10-19-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by BizyStitches

You can go to their web site and they have the die's listed and you can see which ones are for applique and which ones are for piecing. www.accuquilt.com

Jenelle, do you do the applique and do you hand or machine? I'm just trying to get a feel for what I will be using it for.

p38flygirl 10-19-2010 08:14 PM

I love my GO..and I do both hand and machine applique...

BizyStitches 10-20-2010 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by BizyStitches

Jenelle, do you do the applique and do you hand or machine? I'm just trying to get a feel for what I will be using it for.

I don't have very many of the applique die cuts, but the ones that I have used I fuse and it depends if it is a wall hanging or used in a quilt. Wall hangings I might just used the heat n bond that you can NOT sew through, if it is for a quilt I have done both Hand and machine. I really don't like hand work so mostly done by machine. Give it a "GO" you will love it. Jenelle