Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt GO (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-t215007.html)

BettyGee 02-27-2013 08:41 AM

Accuquilt GO

Just a follow up to the question posted by a member asking if the GO was a worthwhile investment. I am making a lap throw for my son which requires 200 4.75" squares. I had them all done in under an hour. The dies are expensive and it takes me time to save up to buy the ones I want, but when all is considered I am very pleased with my GO and can recommend it without reservation.

Geri B 02-27-2013 09:41 AM

I agree about recommendation......and sometimes one can find the dies at various on-line places at very good prices.....just another tool to add to our arsenal....

Doxiemomma 02-27-2013 10:10 AM

I absolutely agree. I can't cut a straight line to save my life! So the accuquilter has helped me a lot. Not only that, but both my mother and I have issues with our hands so the accuquilter also saves us from a lot of pain. It was a big investment for the two of us, as we are both somewhat new to quilting. We were worried about spending so much on our new hobby. But in the end it is well worth it. I DO wish that the dies weren't so expensive though. Thats a big negative for me. But the rag quilt die has saved me from immense pain in my hands. Cutting all the frays at the end of a quilt can be rough. So all in all, it was worth it if you ask me. I paid for half and mom paid for the other half. And we just share it because we live close. :)

Originally Posted by BettyGee (Post 5892184)
Just a follow up to the question posted by a member asking if the GO was a worthwhile investment. I am making a lap throw for my son which requires 200 4.75" squares. I had them all done in under an hour. The dies are expensive and it takes me time to save up to buy the ones I want, but when all is considered I am very pleased with my GO and can recommend it without reservation.

BellaBoo 02-27-2013 10:23 AM

I find sales online for the dies. In Google search for Go dies sale. Shoppers Rule has great sales on the dies about every three months and Bayside quilting is a good place for sales. If you join Accucutquilters group on Yahoo, the best prices for dies are always posted. Many times Amazon has the dies really cheap and other times at regular price. I have about all of the Go dies. I save enough buying on sale that I pay full price for the dies to try. They are always discontinued first. I seldom use my rotary cutter. I use the Go for all my cutting so the dies are worth every cent to me.

DonnaC 02-27-2013 11:50 AM

I made rag pillows for Christmas, and I can testify to the fact that the cost of the GO and the dies was well worth not having to cut out all those fringes! I would have been getting surgery on my poor hands LOL.

With regard to finding dies on sale, Nancy's Notions also has good prices. I bought my GO with a bunch of added dies on Overstock.com for a pretty good price also. They sometimes have individual dies for sale, and their $2.95 flat rate shipping can't be beat - well, unless they have a free shipping promotion, which is quite frequent.

patsynel 02-27-2013 11:59 AM

Betty G.,I am glad you posted this about the Accuquilt GO, I am "on the fence" about buying one. There is some positive feedback here. I appreciate reading all the comments and the online sources to check out.

mighty 02-27-2013 01:11 PM

I love mine!

carolaug 02-27-2013 02:32 PM

I love mine and found to new dies at goodwill...one for 3.50 and the other one for 5.00...I have never been so excited about my thirft finds....hope they get some more. I love, love my Go and my studio cutting machines.

BirdyFeathers 02-27-2013 04:47 PM

I love my GO too!:)

sak658 02-27-2013 05:38 PM

www.doviequiltingandfabric.com has her dies all on sale and can get you a good price on a Go..give her a call...her number is on her website...but she doesn't list the dies on there...great service and Dovie is a great gal...