Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Activa 230 Bernina Patchwork Edition (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/activa-230-bernina-patchwork-edition-t53788.html)

RevPam 07-11-2010 03:38 AM

I have a 230 and I absolutely LOVE it! It has all the features I need and doesn't seem to have any quirks. (Probably the only thing I would have wanted was a wider throat for FMQ but the $'s were a considerable jump to the next model.) ENJOY your Bernina!

oneygirl 07-11-2010 05:05 AM

thank you!

mawmawbeve_60 07-11-2010 05:19 AM

Love my Bernina..I have the 440QE....and Just bought a Juki for some rough sewing for my brother..he does reupholstering seats..does a good job..My Bernie could do it, But shes for my quilting:)

oneygirl 07-11-2010 05:32 AM

I could only afford the Activa but it is really a nice machine with the added options. The knee lift (Free Hand System) is a dream to work with and I can't wait for the new foot control to come in so I can do needle up, needle down from the foot pedal!
It is fascinating how with a Bernina you can adjust your stitch width while the machine is sewing!
I have my Brother Project Runway machine to work with Home Dec fabrics, and to do crafty stuff that I would't normally do on my machines for quilting.

sueisallaboutquilts 07-11-2010 08:07 AM

I'm so excited for you!! I love my Bernina. I have an earlier one but it's a Quilter's one also.
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
And hope your sister gets well soon :)

Quilter7x 07-11-2010 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by oneygirl
I could only afford the Activa but it is really a nice machine with the added options. The knee lift (Free Hand System) is a dream to work with and I can't wait for the new foot control to come in so I can do needle up, needle down from the foot pedal!
It is fascinating how with a Bernina you can adjust your stitch width while the machine is sewing!
I have my Brother Project Runway machine to work with Home Dec fabrics, and to do crafty stuff that I wouldn't normally do on my machines for quilting.

I'm surprised the foot pedal with the needle up/down feature wasn't standard. I just bought a used 180E and that's a feature I use all the time. Not sure I could live without the knee lift lever and the other thing I had to have was a needle threader, because I just can't see the eye of the needle any more! :lol:

I hope your sister does well and it's so nice of you to make caps for her. Be sure to show them to us when you finish. I think you're going to love your new machine! :D

RedGarnet222 07-11-2010 08:20 AM

Congratulations on your new bernina! You will love all the wonderful features they have. The needle threader, needle up/down , the knee bar for raising the foot, the needle left right movement/adjustment, buttonholes that are wonderful (and automatic) excetera with have you so spoiled! All this and the stitches are perfect. Lucky lady.

littlehud 07-11-2010 12:20 PM

Congrats on your new baby. Have fun.

oneygirl 07-11-2010 06:13 PM

Oh thank you! It is still sitting in the box for now. I am still working on a tumbling block quilt for my neighbor's grandson that i started with my Babylock. So I have to finish it before I can use my new machine.
I also ordered a new table to use my new machine on. So as soon as it arrives, I will rearrange my sewing room and set up the new machine! Then I can work on the surgical caps for my sister.
She is my only sister and my hero. I hope that the doctor can isolate the cancer and help her get better! She has been on chemo for two years now.

lazyquilter 07-11-2010 08:26 PM

I purchased that for my daughter and I got the 220 for my dil. They love them and so do I. The 230 is a smaller and much easier machine for class unless you need the other phoo phoo like the embroidery stuff. But the 230 patch work is a sweet machine.

Blue