Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Addicted to Vintage (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/addicted-vintage-t115321.html)

hobbykat1955 04-11-2011 12:18 PM

6 Attachment(s)
OK...I've been here before talking abt Vintage Singers and you all convinced me they were unique, fun and worth it...So being an recovering antiquer I started the search after doing research and within 4 wks bought 4 machines....My first which I posted a few wks ago was a tag sale find black 301 for 30.00.
Then I find this gorgeous " 1910 Redeye" on ebay and win it for 55.00...on a streak...
Then came "Elna Grasshopper" saw one on ebay that sold for 162 so I felt on esty 85.00 was good..
And finally this wk up in RI I checked Craigs list and found this wonderful 301A two tone in cabinet with booklets, tons of assesories feet, , button holder ...mint condition, purrs, asking 130 offered 90...we agreed on 110....
I'd love a White Featherweight so the search conts for a reasonably priced one...after that I swear that's it for me.

erstan947 04-11-2011 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
OK...I've been here before talking abt Vintage Singers and you all convinced me they were unique, fun and worth it...So being an recovering antiquer I started the search after doing research and within 4 wks bought 4 machines....My first which I posted a few wks ago was a tag sale find black 301 for 30.00.
Then I find this gorgeous " 1910 Redeye" on ebay and win it for 55.00...on a streak...
Then came "Elna Grasshopper" saw one on ebay that sold for 162 so I felt on esty 85.00 was good..
And finally this wk up in RI I checked Craigs list and found this wonderful 301A two tone in cabinet with booklets, tons of assesories feet, , button holder ...mint condition, purrs, asking 130 offered 90...we agreed on 110....
I'd love a White Featherweight so the search conts for a reasonably priced one...after that I swear that's it for me.

RIGHT! :thumbup:

milp04 04-11-2011 12:27 PM

You've got the BUG for sure !!

Thanks for the pictures, I had not seen the Elna Grasshopper before. Just keep telling yourself you're doing a good deed and rescuing the machines from an ill fated death!

Pam M

cctx. 04-11-2011 12:29 PM

Love your collection, especially your black 301.

I have a 301A Longbed in Mocha and the 401A in the cabinet.
My next wish is to have a Black 301.

chairjogger 04-11-2011 12:31 PM

The last one I learned to sew on in Home EC !! Hah! Mrs. Powel would have been a UTUBE queen ! She was Tough! we learned how to rip out a seam before really learning how to sew correctly ! hah!

love your machines !! good memories !

Sis made my doll clothes on a treddle machine for my Christmas presents ! hah!

No, not of retirement age yet either ! This is closer to our lives than you may understand. :0)

sueisallaboutquilts 04-11-2011 12:39 PM

Oh my gosh, we have another serious addiction here!!! :D:D
I love your machines and I'm just as crazy over them!!! lol
Have fun!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

By the way, you got them for really great prices!!!

irishrose 04-11-2011 01:28 PM

Love the trapezoid cabinet. I was bidding on one on ebay, but it got too high for me. I was concerned about how it would ship, too. Nice machines!

dkabasketlady 04-11-2011 01:32 PM

You're getting quite a collection of Fabulous machines!!!

writerwomen 04-11-2011 01:44 PM

My husband and I refurbish and sell vintage machines which is both challenging and fun. We like the hum and precision of vitage machines as well as the beauty. Some really are more like a work of art or a classic car that is definately worth preserving.

quiltinghere 04-11-2011 04:12 PM

I love the antiques too! I've been sewing like crazy on a 301 for the last week - fast, smooth and steady!