Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Addiction and Kudos! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/addiction-kudos-t17462.html)

dlf0122quilting 03-11-2009 12:02 PM

Hi, I too just love all the info and websites that people furnish. I am curious about 2 of the patterns you mention since I make lots of charity quilts (20-25 laps) quilts per month. What are the Wickedly Easy and Warm Wishes patterns. I have the D9P one and use it often but have not heard of these other 2. Do you have a website reference for the patterns or are they in books? Really appreciate any easy patterns I can get my hands on to make my life easier. I am an avid appliquer and so I do my charity sewing on the machine by day and applique at night. Also belong to 2 guilds, 4 friendship groups and teach beginning quilting at church.

Thanks for any help you can give me on these 2 patterns and if you have any other favorites that work up nice in lap quilts, I would appreciate the names of them also.

Debbie1 03-11-2009 12:13 PM

Welcome - can't wait for your warm wishes to start appearing here

mcdaniel023 03-11-2009 01:28 PM

I too am truly addicted. My husband says I have more fabric than Joanne's :lol: When my aunt passed away 2 years ago, my uncle called and wanted to know if I wanted some of her fabric. Of course I did. She was a fantastic quilter. I inherited 7 large tubs. One full of U.F.O. and one full of patterns and books. I bet I could make 15 quilts without buying anything. Oh and I just received 11 1930's replica fabric fat quarters.....too good to pass up. So as they say a quilter can never have to much fabric. But, I bet our S.O. say it all the time. :lol:

johnette 03-11-2009 03:42 PM

Hi, my name is Johnette and I am a quilter. Going to get a fix at the Dallas quilt show this weekend. Welcome to the board.

Monad2 03-11-2009 05:05 PM

Hello from WNC...I too have to get my "fix" as I told the ladies at the fabric shop every few weeks...love those batiks!!!! :D

rabbit2b 03-11-2009 05:28 PM

Welcome from just outside Indianapolis!

Just think of the fabric as insulation. You're doing your part to go green...

DJ 03-11-2009 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by dlf0122quilting
...I am curious about 2 of the patterns you mention since I make lots of charity quilts (20-25 laps) quilts per month. What are the Wickedly Easy and Warm Wishes patterns. I have the D9P one and use it often but have not heard of these other 2. Do you have a website reference for the patterns or are they in books? Really appreciate any easy patterns I can get my hands on to make my life easier. I am an avid appliquer and so I do my charity sewing on the machine by day and applique at night. Also belong to 2 guilds, 4 friendship groups and teach beginning quilting at church.

Here are a couple of links. Hope they work for you. Charity sewing is the best!
Warm Wishes
Wickedly Easy Quilt

dlf0122quilting 03-11-2009 08:28 PM

Thank you so much, they are perfect for lap quilts for my church prayer quilt ministry. God Bless you.

JoanneS 03-11-2009 08:33 PM

I tell my husband,'Honey, I'm going to the fabric store for a spool of thread.' He answers, 'Honey, I'm going to Ace Hardware to buy a nail.' We're both adding to our stash. It evens out over the long run.

Caroltee 03-12-2009 12:57 AM

Do you think there are fabric stores in heaven? Maybe the Lord will let us come back and get our stash. Think how many happy women there would be. :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :) :-) :D :lol: