Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   afraid-to-use-my-fabric-stash-itis (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/afraid-use-my-fabric-stash-itis-t299762.html)

Teen 09-25-2018 06:47 PM

Experienced this with my polka dot collection I've been hoarding. Finally whacked into and was set free...now, every pattern I see inspires me to make it in polka dots. Lol... I do have about 5 stacks of coordinated fabrics ready to make 5 quilts with but I get sidetracked.. They are my goal for 2019... We'll see..lol.

Aurora 09-26-2018 06:50 AM

I was the same way for several years; however, now I have so much fabric, I seldom give using a certain one for a project a second thought. I do still have a few fabrics purchased for specific projects that remain in tack.

DJ 09-26-2018 07:01 AM

I have this "itis" too for fabrics that I buy because I can't resist them.

I have another "itis" too. On the sales table, I like to pick fabrics that coordinate and buy about a yard of each for a future quilt. Those little collections have come in very handy when I want to make a quilt for someone and don't want to go find fabric for it. My "itis" involves raiding one of those coordinating fabrics when I need a fabric for something else.

I shouldn't read this forum when I'm on a camping trip. It make me anxious to get home and do some quilting. I wish I had brought my sewing machine with me.

TAMARATJO 09-26-2018 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 8133173)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]601639[/ATTACH]Here are some !!!!! of my fabrics too pretty to cut. It is a gold leaf and silver leaf in various colors. I did use the medium brown one in a quilt top and it brought $200.00 at a sale. This is by Blank Quilting.

Battle Axe, this is exactly what my stash looks like. I buy the same fabric in multiple colors because I love it so much. Sometimes, too much to cut it! Also, I sometimes have the problem that the colors don't work together for a quilt pattern, or I don't like one of the important colors in the set, or I am missing a key color in the collection that I need for the quilt pattern.

zozee 09-26-2018 08:58 AM

I had that very same fabric in the chocolate ! It is gorgeous . I used it in two fall table runners—one for my best friend and one for myself.

Chasing Hawk 09-26-2018 09:07 AM

I have no problem wading into my stash and cutting it up. My problem is what to make, I have so many ideas and patterns to choose from.

CharHH 09-29-2018 12:53 PM

My husband says...."They make fabric every day".

Irishrose2 09-29-2018 12:57 PM

I don't have any trouble cutting it, but I don't like to see it used up. I'm putting a favorite batik in a baby quilt. I just pieced two blocks I didn't need to save cutting into the small leftover piece. The baby won't notice once it's quilted and I have a little of the batik left.

KalamaQuilts 09-29-2018 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 8133643)

I shouldn't read this forum when I'm on a camping trip. It make me anxious to get home and do some quilting. I wish I had brought my sewing machine with me.

there is a very good RV Quilters group on FB. I make time for it and the QB :)