Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Alco store fabric sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/alco-store-fabric-sale-t17509.html)

BellaBoo 03-11-2009 06:52 AM

If you are lucky to live close by an Alco store that sells fabric, the sale is great! 2 yards for $5. I got all designer fabric: Robyn Pandolph, Faye Burgos, Judie Rothermel, Jenny Beyer, and lots of blenders. Also Alco had Blank, Marcus Bro, Free Spirit, and more of fat quarters for .99 each. And there was something new, flat fold 1 yard cuts hung up by color. All name brand fabric. The feel of these fabrics are fantastic. I bought a lot of backing fabric, 108" wide on sale for $4.99 a yard. Buying backing fabric always seems like I'm spending a fortune and I always seem to want the print that cost double then what a plain pattern would be. Saving money on backing fabric is a real bargain to me.

littlehud 03-11-2009 07:02 AM

Wow. What a find. I love to stock up on backing fabric when its on sale. I love working with one piece and not having to piece it.

rabbit2b 03-11-2009 05:45 PM

There's an Alco store in Ord, NE (i.e., pretty much the middle of nowhere), but that's where my in-laws lived. I would do serious damage there when we'd visit. I think the last binge was about $150 at those prices. My in-laws have passed away and I miss them greatly, so it was bittersweet when I pulled out a hunk of nice fabric for a backing last week and saw that it came from Alco.

rabbit2b 03-11-2009 06:05 PM

OMG! I just discovered there are *many Alco stores in Indiana, and one not so far away. Until this thread, I didn't even realize there were any outside of Nebraska. Thank you!!

Shemjo 03-11-2009 06:10 PM

I will have to let my sister in AR know about this. I don't know if there are any of those stores in MO. Thanks for the heads up! :lol:

quiltingma 03-16-2009 02:46 AM

There is one in the next town from me. I go there whenever they have a fabric sale. I stock up on backing fabric and whatever fabric I need at the moment or will be needing in the near future. I also stock up on the batting. I love the cotton mountian mist and is really a deal during the sales. Alco has a sale every 6 wks or so it seems.

Quilter101 03-16-2009 03:47 AM

Wow! Wish there was one in OR....

rabbit2b 03-16-2009 04:21 PM

Well, only one problem...finding a place for all the fabric (103, yes, 103 yards) that came home with us on Friday. It averaged at less than $2.50/yd because some of it rang up at $1 and some at 50 cents! Then, by accident, on Sunday the GPS routed us home differently from the way we'd gone to an event and we came across *another ALCO. Enabler that he is, my husband said, "Well, we have to see whether they've got the same things..." Add another 15 yards waiting to be put away.

Hi, my name is Heidi and I'm a fabriholic...

dreamer2009 03-16-2009 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter101
Wow! Wish there was one in OR....

Me Too Quilter101

Marcia 03-16-2009 04:49 PM

WOW!! I have never heard of Alco, but I sure am wishing there was one near me!!! Congrats everyone on your great deals!