Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   With all the options available... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/all-options-available-t215478.html)

KarynneStorm 03-04-2013 01:04 PM

With all the options available...

Do you find yourself frozen with indecision when it comes to making a quilt for your own bed? I think I have narrowed down colors, but since everything is an option, from classic blocks to contemporary quilts, I have no idea how to decide on a single pattern that will keep me interested long enough to finish it. BTW it's for a California King, so it's gonna take awhile. Any advice?

mom-6 03-04-2013 01:12 PM

I'm thinking that the "big star" quilts I've seen pictured on this board would be perfect for your situation as they look like they would go together quickly and they are very pretty.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-04-2013 01:13 PM

I've made 3 for my bed. I love them all. My husband is the coldest person on earth so 2 are on it right now. I just rotate which one is on top. The third 1 is summer weight.

KarynneStorm 03-04-2013 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 5904073)
I just rotate which one is on top.

Okay, I love that idea. I guess it's time to just start. Who knows? Since I am still kind of new to this, I may find I want to give the first couple away. People love receiving quilts, right?

ckcowl 03-04-2013 01:57 PM

i don't think my (hold up) was indecision due to too many options...but it did take me 7 years to finally make a quilt for our bed- i had made them for my kids, grandkids, siblings, parents, hubby's siblings, parents...friends...finally one day hubby said to me..."are we ever going to have a quilt for our bed?"
when we bought our house & moved in- also buying a brand new bed- i finally made a quilt for our bed- now we have 3! a white whole cloth, a mariners compass & an (earthy) outdoorsy one.

quiltstringz 03-04-2013 01:59 PM

How about a one block wonder - that keeps your attention! I keep saying I am going to make one for me but haven't gotten there yet. Keep chaning my mind on fabric!

Skratchie 03-04-2013 03:21 PM

I found the quilt I want to make for our bed in this month's Love of Quilting magazine. I just need to enlarge it. But yeah, it's taken me about 12 years to get to this point. LOL

Lori S 03-04-2013 04:48 PM

I finally made a quilt for my bed .. and finally realized how much I love the look, and at the same time realized I like to change it up. So now I have more than one quilt for my bed. One is a Yellow Brick Road , fast and easy .

KarynneStorm 03-04-2013 04:59 PM

it's comforting to know that I am not alone. I consider myself pretty new at this, so it looks like I have about a decade to make a decision! YAYAYAYAY

narnianquilter 03-04-2013 05:10 PM

I am actually getting ready to do one for our family- I am taking the family crest and making that the center of the quilt and going from there.