Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   All People Quilt...Question.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/all-people-quilt-question-t211037.html)

oh munner 01-15-2013 09:43 AM

All People Quilt...Question....

I just received the weekly news letter from APQ. There is a lovely quilt shown at the top of the page with red, turquoise etc. rectangles with, what looks like, a square in a square inside the rectangle. I would love to get this pattern, but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know the name of this quilt?

dunster 01-15-2013 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think this is the quilt in question. Sorry I don't know the name of the pattern or designer.

Peckish 01-15-2013 11:15 AM

Well I searched for about 10 minutes but all I could find was a link to the Material Girls Shoppe in Wichita, Kansas. Maybe you could call or email them and ask about the pattern.

oh munner 01-15-2013 11:42 AM

Thanks ladies. Yes, that is the pattern I'm talking about..... I think it would be so cute in retro fabric. I'll try to contact the owners. Wish me luck!

Peckish 01-15-2013 11:50 AM

FYI, I'm almost positive the line of fabric they used in that quilt is Moda's Modern Vintage. Just in case you're curious.

auntpiggylpn 01-15-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 5788380)
FYI, I'm almost positive the line of fabric they used in that quilt is Moda's Modern Vintage. Just in case you're curious.

I'm on my smartphone (at work Shame on me!!!!) so the picture isn't the best but I was going to say the Ruby collection which is by the same designers as Vintage Modern - Moda Bonnie and Camille. Both are on my favorite fabrics list!

Peckish 01-15-2013 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5788476)
I'm on my smartphone (at work Shame on me!!!!) so the picture isn't the best but I was going to say the Ruby collection which is by the same designers as Vintage Modern - Moda Bonnie and Camille. Both are on my favorite fabrics list!

Wow, you weren't kidding. I looked at Ruby and compared it to Vintage Modern - they both have similar prints and the same colorways; red, pink, turquoise, grey, and green. Honestly, I can't tell which line is in that quilt!!!

nativetexan 01-15-2013 04:59 PM

it does look like a square in a square with triangles added to the corners to make it a rectangle. then it seems to have white triangles added to the corners and sewn together. maybe the last square(set on point) added later. cute!!

LynnVT 01-15-2013 05:15 PM

Read this thread and trotted upstairs to my nightstand where I left the fall/winter 2012 issue of BHG Quilt Sampler Magazine. I remember reading about the new Witchita quilt shop, which is near my DD. Sure enough, there was the quilt hanging on their wall. So try materialgirlsquiltshoppe.com, or call them at 316-684-5855. Funny thing is, I got that issue from the owner of Water Wheel Quilt Shop in Londonderry VT, who spoke at our guild this month. They are also featured in the issue. Happy hunting, Munner!

NanaCsews2 01-16-2013 10:32 AM

When enlarging the picture from Material Girls Quilt Shoppe site, using ctrl+, the fabric line is definitely Ruby by Bonnie and Camille for Moda. Would love this pattern too.