Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Altos QuiltCut2 Sales?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/altos-quiltcut2-sales-t213349.html)

Divokittysmom 02-09-2013 01:00 AM

Altos QuiltCut2 Sales??

Even though I love my new Titanium blade rotary cutter... I am still thinking of purchasing a cutting system to make cutting easier and quicker for the sake of my bad back. I feel the Altos QuiltCut2 system will suit all my cutting needs. I am wondering if this system ever goes on sale...perhaps @ Quilt Shows or Sewing Expo's?? Or does Altos have sales on them?? Seems the only place I can find them for sale is through their website.Thank you for your replies!

ScubaK 02-09-2013 02:04 AM

I'm not sure if it ever goes on sale.
I bought one of the originals several years ago.
I am extremely happy with it and finally replaced the mat a couple of years ago.
I love it and highly recommend it.
Kirsten

twoxover 02-09-2013 03:56 AM

i bought mine used from a quilter...on yahoo there is a group for sewing stuff for sale. i love mine!

wolph33 02-09-2013 05:59 AM

not sure about going on sale but I ordered mine from their site and love it.My cast is off but my wrist is stiff and weak-I am going to fry cutting fabric with it today.It has the ruler attached and a knob to put pressure on for to slippage.I think I will be able to cut with it.

nhweaver 02-09-2013 06:36 AM

Try Ebay, I have seen them for less money than the altos site. check shipping though, and compare pricing. The altos is on my wish list, when we do expansion construction on my current sewing room to give enough space for a bed, and I move/ switch a bedroom and sewing rooms. I will be moving sewing into a huge room (for me), with lots of wall space and light, and oh did I say, a room with a view? We are getting estimates, and maybe construction can start soon.

Suze9395 02-09-2013 06:37 AM

I got one for Christmas this year. Altos ran a special on their website. I got the cutting system, the carrying case and shipping for $270. They said the cases were seconds, for instance the logo might be off center, Mine is hardly noticeable. I did the same research and watched for some time to see if I could find one on sale or used. And I didn't have any luck, they don't seem to come up second hand very often. I have to say, this made me feel better about spending the money, figuring people must love them if they aren't reselling them.

Divokittysmom 02-09-2013 04:29 PM

Suze9395; I too feel the same way about not finding the cutting system 2nd hand, it must be a very good product because no one wants to give them up!!

DonnaC 02-09-2013 08:15 PM

I bought mine from someone on the Sew Its For Sale Yahoo group. She just wanted to get rid of it because it was taking up too much room....she gave me a fabulous deal. I've seen quite a few of them listed in that group for great prices... I've even seen a couple for sale here. I think if you're willing to wait, you can get one much cheaper. (It took me about three months to find a deal that I was happy with and could afford!)

BellaBoo 02-10-2013 07:28 AM

I have one and keep it out on a table. I use it now and then. It's heavy and not easy to move around. It has to be on a table with access to three sides to be able to use all the cutting features. It is quality made and customer service is great. One thing my channels seemed to be catchy in spots so I put a drop of machine oil on a Q tip and ran through and now the ruler glides.

AliKat 02-10-2013 09:27 AM

I've had mine for years and it is constantly out when I am cutting. I love it.

I don't understand BellaBoo's comment that it has to be on a table with 3 sides accessible. I used to just put it on a counter where only 1 side was accessible and I had no problem. Often at the quilt shows there is only 1 side available for the demonstrator to use and they do it just fine.

Of course, now I have a cutting center with all 4 sides open and love it that way.