Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Am I the only one???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/am-i-only-one-t152977.html)

penski 09-17-2011 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by tsnana2000
I bought an HQ Sweet Sixteen sitdown and love it. I love to quilt and got tired of trying to get all that bulk through the throat of my Bernina.

ohhhhhh glad you love it that is what i have been wanting for a long time

dahlshouse 09-18-2011 05:48 AM

I too have this and just signed up for the class to learn how to use the Avante at my LQS and then I can do big ones there that I would be to large to do on my Pfaff.. I have 8 grandchildren and have vowed to make them all quilts for there wedding.. 1 done 7 to go...

Originally Posted by smagruder
We have a store here in Louisville, that will give you lessons and then rent the machine for you to quilt your own. Maybe you could find one in your area.

vpr053 09-19-2011 06:36 AM

no you are not the only one I don't have a long arm either. I either quilt by hand or stibble on my sewing machine. I would love to have one too. they can be alot of work too though. I prefer a hand quilted quilt though.

Charleen DiSante 09-19-2011 06:37 AM

I don't have a longarm either. But I do have lots of tops... TBD

kimg 09-19-2011 06:55 AM

No quilting machine here. I feel that I spend a fortune having projects quilted. I am trying to learn FMQ on my regular machine....(not an easy task!) I have done some small projects using SITD and some stitches my machine does. FMQ is so hard for me to do consistently. I think I need many more hours of practice. I have just recently started to experiment with some hand quilting.
Don't feel alone! There are many of us on the board who do not have quilting machines. We can dream, though. lol

linmid 09-21-2011 09:24 AM

I use my regular sewing machine to do all of my quilting and I just made a quilt for my 6'8" grandson. So you know it was big. I didn't say it was easy. LOL

sewgarden 09-24-2011 12:00 PM

You aren't the only one. I either quilt on my brother or my janome. I must say for that reason I don't enjoy quilting. I would love to be able to afford a LAQ but that's never going to happen

Great Grandma 09-25-2011 06:25 PM

I prefer to quilt by hand. I can't do the beautiful quilts that many of you do, but people I give them to are impressed by all the work and time that went into them. I bought a machine with a frame attached, but have not had the time to really work with. Too busy being retired and travelling.

NJ Quilter 09-25-2011 06:42 PM

Hey, I'm a hand quilter by choice. I enjoy the process. Don't have a desire for a long arm; don't want to wrestle with my DSM. I do MQ for those charities that require it but otherwise I'm a handquilter.

Sandygirl 05-09-2022 08:00 AM

Anyone end up buying a long arm since this post? Pls share which one you purchased.